“How much better do you live with $2 billion than $50 million?” chairman and founder of the New York Hedge Fund Roundtable Stanely Goldstein recently asked, the insinuation being that one does not feel much of a difference between living comfortably and living at a pay grade that affords you at least one private jet, multiple castles, an oil tanker, 1,000 eunuchs, a McMansion in every city in America (for storage), and a wing in your main house dedicated solely to deep-frying things. Goldstein wanted to make that case because it would help garner support for an idea he has: to cap hedge fund manager pay. Now, before everyone gets their fleece knickers in a twist, know this– Stan is doing this for you! “I am a free-market economy, right-of-center Republican, and I resent how the liberals have used hedge funds as a punching bag,” Goldstein said. The way he sees it, hedge fund managers would be much happier if they took home a number that wouldn’t be “ridiculed” by the public. Read more »
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly Taking A Timeout From Investment Banking
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Money Manager Holding Credit Suisse's Funds Hostage Elevates The Whole "I'm 5 Minutes Away!" Text When You Haven't Yet Left Your Apartment To A New Level
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Opening Bell: 10.30.14
- Local Man Accused Of Controlling Hedge Fund All The Way To The Bank
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com