“How much better do you live with $2 billion than $50 million?” chairman and founder of the New York Hedge Fund Roundtable Stanely Goldstein recently asked, the insinuation being that one does not feel much of a difference between living comfortably and living at a pay grade that affords you at least one private jet, multiple castles, an oil tanker, 1,000 eunuchs, a McMansion in every city in America (for storage), and a wing in your main house dedicated solely to deep-frying things. Goldstein wanted to make that case because it would help garner support for an idea he has: to cap hedge fund manager pay. Now, before everyone gets their fleece knickers in a twist, know this– Stan is doing this for you! “I am a free-market economy, right-of-center Republican, and I resent how the liberals have used hedge funds as a punching bag,” Goldstein said. The way he sees it, hedge fund managers would be much happier if they took home a number that wouldn’t be “ridiculed” by the public. Read more »
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Arizona State Now Has Multiple Business Schools To Choose From
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- Ruble’s Historic Freefall, Russian Economic Collapse Not Fazing Vladimir Putin
- Ex-Jefferies Exec Convicted Of Fraud Has Bone To Pick With The Guy Who Turned Him In
- JOBS Act Helps Hedge Fund Raise Money Through Widespread Advertising
- Dealbreaker Dramatic Reading Night Returns Wednesday
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- If You Stand Perfectly Still, Dan Loeb Cannot See You: Sony Execs
- The Indomitable Dov Charney Strikes Again
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com