The highlight of Buffettstock is always Warren’s five-hour, off-the-cuff Q&A session with Berkshire investors at Omaha’s CenturyLink Arena, and this year was no different. The Berkshire chief and sidekick Charlie Munger ranged over a variety of topics for 38,000 adoring fans, including: Did they fuck up, re: Coke? Should a 59-year-old volunteer sheriff and college dropout take over as Berkshire chair when the 83-year-old Buffett expires? Can they invest all of the money they’re making?* And, last but not least, stuff they don’t like, notably high-frequency trading and activist investors. Read more »
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly Taking A Timeout From Investment Banking
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Money Manager Holding Credit Suisse's Funds Hostage Elevates The Whole "I'm 5 Minutes Away!" Text When You Haven't Yet Left Your Apartment To A New Level
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Opening Bell: 10.30.14
- Local Man Accused Of Controlling Hedge Fund All The Way To The Bank
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com