Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:57 PM
Subject: The end of my rope.
- 28 Mar 2012 at 11:32 AM
President Of Multi-Billion Dollar Investment Firm Will Fire The Next Degenerate Caught Leaving a Dirty Dish In the Sink Before He Will Hire a JanitorBy Bess Levin
- 20 Mar 2012 at 1:48 PM
For about a year now, Bernie Madoff has been holding court with various members of the press about something that’s been plaguing him: the fact that few people if any are willing to give credit where credit is due. Yes, he may have pleaded guilty to a $50 billion crime that ruined countless people’s lives, including those of his wife and children, one of whom committed suicide as a result, but he did a lot of other stuff too, like run a “successful business” for which he won lots of “industry awards” during his “legitimate years.” And, yet, everyone seems to forget all that when his name comes up, much like they conveniently forgot about how Mussolini made the trains run or time, or how Hitler built those wonderful autobahns, or how Ted Bundy made women feel special. And since he’s serving a 150 year sentence, Berns has had lots of time to ponder why his years of legitimate achievements go unmentioned and the one thing he keeps coming back to? Irving Picard, who’s pulled a fast one on you all, by suggesting that Bernie’s crime started wayyyyy before it did, when, in fact, Madoff Securities was only running a Ponzi scheme for barely even 20 years. Examine the evidence Madoff shared with Forbes contributor Diana B. Henriques via email:
Jan. 17, 2011 11:05 A.M. … Also remember that the U.S. Attorney admitted that they had no evidence that the crime started in the 80’s and could establish that Montauk and the N.Y. homes in Ruth’s name were not purchased with tainted funds …
Mar. 10, 2011 7:35 A.M. … I would love to know what evidence [Picard] has to date my crime back to 1983 … THE FACT IS THAT THERE IS NONE.
8:05 A.M. … I say once again the fraud started in the 90’s …
Mar. 18, 2011 9:26 A.M. … I guess I’m obsessed with this START OF CRIME ISSUE.
Don’t you see, idiots of the media?! That’s the real issue here. Not the crime itself but the start of the crime. Do the math. Read more »
- President Of Multi-Billion Dollar Investment Firm Will Fire The Next Degenerate Caught Leaving a Dirty Dish In the Sink Before He Will Hire a Janitor March 28, 2012
- Argentina Decides Talking To Paul Singer Maybe Not Worse Than Defaulting At Midnight July 30, 2014
- Broker Junkets Are Back (But Only 70% As Drunk) July 30, 2014
- Deutsche Bank Knows Its Financial Reporting Operation Is A Janky Pile Of Crap July 30, 2014
- S&P Is Going To Go Ahead And Call This A "Selective Default" For Argentina July 30, 2014
- Dan Loeb Would Like That $1.4 Billion Back July 30, 2014
- Morgan Stanley Has A Treat For Senior Junior Bankers July 29, 2014
- Let's Talk About: CFA Results July 29, 2014
- The Sky May Actually Be Falling July 29, 2014
- Local Man Wants Credit (And More) For Almost Selling Most Expensive House In U.S. History July 29, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com