Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:57 PM
Subject: The end of my rope.
- 28 Mar 2012 at 11:32 AM
President Of Multi-Billion Dollar Investment Firm Will Fire The Next Degenerate Caught Leaving a Dirty Dish In the Sink Before He Will Hire a JanitorBy Bess Levin
- 20 Mar 2012 at 1:48 PM
For about a year now, Bernie Madoff has been holding court with various members of the press about something that’s been plaguing him: the fact that few people if any are willing to give credit where credit is due. Yes, he may have pleaded guilty to a $50 billion crime that ruined countless people’s lives, including those of his wife and children, one of whom committed suicide as a result, but he did a lot of other stuff too, like run a “successful business” for which he won lots of “industry awards” during his “legitimate years.” And, yet, everyone seems to forget all that when his name comes up, much like they conveniently forgot about how Mussolini made the trains run or time, or how Hitler built those wonderful autobahns, or how Ted Bundy made women feel special. And since he’s serving a 150 year sentence, Berns has had lots of time to ponder why his years of legitimate achievements go unmentioned and the one thing he keeps coming back to? Irving Picard, who’s pulled a fast one on you all, by suggesting that Bernie’s crime started wayyyyy before it did, when, in fact, Madoff Securities was only running a Ponzi scheme for barely even 20 years. Examine the evidence Madoff shared with Forbes contributor Diana B. Henriques via email:
Jan. 17, 2011 11:05 A.M. … Also remember that the U.S. Attorney admitted that they had no evidence that the crime started in the 80’s and could establish that Montauk and the N.Y. homes in Ruth’s name were not purchased with tainted funds …
Mar. 10, 2011 7:35 A.M. … I would love to know what evidence [Picard] has to date my crime back to 1983 … THE FACT IS THAT THERE IS NONE.
8:05 A.M. … I say once again the fraud started in the 90’s …
Mar. 18, 2011 9:26 A.M. … I guess I’m obsessed with this START OF CRIME ISSUE.
Don’t you see, idiots of the media?! That’s the real issue here. Not the crime itself but the start of the crime. Do the math. Read more »
- President Of Multi-Billion Dollar Investment Firm Will Fire The Next Degenerate Caught Leaving a Dirty Dish In the Sink Before He Will Hire a Janitor March 28, 2012
- Finance Executives Are Spending $30,000/Day To Learn How To Type www.facebook.com Into Their Address Bar December 18, 2013
- Bonus Watch '13: Citi December 18, 2013
- SAC's Steinberg Is Going To Prison December 18, 2013
- Handful of SAC Employees Not Even Waiting For Bonuses To Hit Before Turning In Their Fleeces December 18, 2013
- Jamie Dimon Sees The Kardashian's David LaChappelle-Directed Christmas Card And Raises Them "Tennis With Giant Balls In Our Park Avenue Living Room" December 17, 2013
- JP Morgan Takes First Steps Toward The 3-Day Work Week December 18, 2013
- Christmas Come Early For JP Morgan Junior Employees December 16, 2013
- Opening Bell: 12.18.13 December 18, 2013
- John Paulson Breaks Baklava With The Men Selling Greece December 18, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com