“I used the praying mantis metaphor in my recent investment outlook pointing out that there are consequences for mindless political thrusting and Washington spending policies.We as Americans eventually lose our heads the way a male mantis does in the process of reproduction. Americans’ answer to a bulging deficit seems always to be manana. Debt commission recommendations are always dead on arrival, bipartisan compromises result in no tax increases for anyone and an increase in $500 to $800 billion in the fiscal deficit. The point is the current and future generations of American mantises, male or female, will pay for this in terms of a price. They pay for in a number of ways. One in terms of dollar depreciation going forward. And two in terms of lower real wages and lower real interest rates, which are a cost for investors.” Read more »
- 12 Jan 2011 at 12:25 PM
Bill Gross Elaborates On His “US Policy Makers Are Praying Mantises Having Sex With Us And Then Biting Our Heads Off” MetaphorBy Bess Levin
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Bonus Watch '14: Congrats On Being An Investment Banker
- Bill Gross Reacts To George Soros's $500 Million Investment Like He's Been Awarded The Presidential Medal Of Freedom
- Bonus Expectations Got You Down? Boss Riding Your Ass? Quit And Support Yourself Via Fantasy Football
- Mathew Martoma Is In Miami
- David Rubenstein Will Have Warren Buffett Know He's Not A Porn Shop Operator
- Steve Cohen Continues To Rid Firm Of Incentives For Employees To...Y'Know...
- Deal Judge: We're Going To Need A New Master of Coin
- Goldman Sachs Is Smart
- Opening Bell: 11.21.14
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com