Santa will leave many bankers and traders empty-handed this holiday season. One in five Wall Streeters won’t get a bonus for 2012, according to a closely watched compensation study set to be released next week. That figure is up sharply from last year, when roughly 13% of bonus-eligible employees got no added year-end pay, according to Options Group, a New York executive search and consulting firm that produced the study. In terms of overall compensation, some staff in stocks and derivatives trading are likely to be the hardest hit, as their compensation is set to shrink by at least 20% for the third year in a row, the study found. A stock trader who is a managing director at a securities firm stands to take home as little as $550,000, down 31% from 2011. Sluggish deal activity means investment bankers also could receive a 13% pay cut, the study found. [WSJ]
“as little as $550000″
- 25 Oct 2012 at 6:19 PM
Bonus Watch ’12: Whole Bunch Of Financial Services Employees Will Get Nothing, May Or May Not Like ItBy Bess Levin
- 28 Aug 2014 at 8:00 AM
Football is back, and 1-week fantasy juggernaut DraftKings.com is offering a guaranteed $5,000,000 in prizes.
DraftKings has a special offer for Dealbreaker readers—make a first time deposit and get free entry into a $100,000 contest.
Or if you’re a high roller, you can pay $200 to compete for $1,000,000 in prizes in the NFL Sunday Million contest.
So what is 1-week fantasy? On DraftKings, it’s simple. You draft a new team every time you want to play. Choosing from the list of available players, you pick the best possible team under DraftKings’ allotted salary cap. Payouts are instant and completely secure, and DraftKings is 100% legal.
Click on any of the links in this article to claim your free entry into the DraftKings $100,000 Week 1 contest.
- Bonus Watch '12: Whole Bunch Of Financial Services Employees Will Get Nothing, May Or May Not Like It October 25, 2012
- Swiss Bankers Suddenly Bashful About Listing "Sparkling Water," "Hooker For Client" On Expense Reports August 29, 2014
- Every Second Of Jefferies CEO's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Better Than The Last August 27, 2014
- Fake, Unregulated Currency Not Unregulated Enough For Some August 18, 2014
- Get Ready To Hear "I'll Have My Assistant Make A Reservation At Denny's" A Lot More Often August 29, 2014
- Horror In The Hamptons: Rosé Shortage Edition August 27, 2014
- Pay Hike Watch '14: Raises For Everyone (Under 25)! August 21, 2014
- Kyle Bass Not Entirely Thrilled With Paul Singer At The Moment August 28, 2014
- Steve Ballmer Offers Primer On How To Buy A Major League Sports Team August 26, 2014
- Write-Offs: 08.29.14 August 29, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com