But a confidential email has emerged that shows a top Chinese regulator directly asked Jamie Dimon, the bank’s chief executive, for a “favor” to hire a young job applicant. The applicant, a family friend of the regulator, now works at JPMorgan. Mr. Dimon met the applicant in June 2012, according to interviews and the previously unreported email, one of several documents that JPMorgan recently turned over to federal authorities as part of an investigation into hiring at the bank. At the meeting with Mr. Dimon in New York, the applicant acted as an interpreter for the Chinese insurance regulator. JPMorgan bankers in Hong Kong, hoping to help her job prospects, knew in advance that she would attend…As the meeting with Mr. Dimon was wrapping up, interviews and the confidential email show, Mr. Xiang changed the subject to his young interpreter. He introduced her to Mr. Dimon and portrayed her as the daughter of a close friend and a potential JPMorgan employee. In an awkward moment for the applicant, she translated as Mr. Xiang extolled the benefits of hiring her. [Dealbook]
- 10 Feb 2014 at 3:48 PM
In Fairness, He Could’ve Said “It’s Been A Pleasure Meeting With You” And She Could’ve Translated That To “My Boss Says…Uh…That I Am Great And You Should Hire Me”By Bess Levin
- 28 Aug 2014 at 8:00 AM
Football is back, and 1-week fantasy juggernaut DraftKings.com is offering a guaranteed $5,000,000 in prizes.
DraftKings has a special offer for Dealbreaker readers—make a first time deposit and get free entry into a $100,000 contest.
Or if you’re a high roller, you can pay $200 to compete for $1,000,000 in prizes in the NFL Sunday Million contest.
So what is 1-week fantasy? On DraftKings, it’s simple. You draft a new team every time you want to play. Choosing from the list of available players, you pick the best possible team under DraftKings’ allotted salary cap. Payouts are instant and completely secure, and DraftKings is 100% legal.
Click on any of the links in this article to claim your free entry into the DraftKings $100,000 Week 1 contest.
- In Fairness, He Could've Said "It's Been A Pleasure Meeting With You" And She Could've Translated That To "My Boss Says...Uh...That I Am Great And You Should Hire Me" February 10, 2014
- Swiss Bankers Suddenly Bashful About Listing "Sparkling Water," "Hooker For Client" On Expense Reports August 29, 2014
- Opening Bell: 09.02.2014 September 2, 2014
- Every Second Of Jefferies CEO's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Better Than The Last August 27, 2014
- Get Ready To Hear "I'll Have My Assistant Make A Reservation At Denny's" A Lot More Often August 29, 2014
- Investor Relations Exec Charged With Insider Trading Opts For Business Extremely Casual At Court Appearance August 27, 2014
- Write-Offs: 08.29.14 August 29, 2014
- You Now Have Two Ways To Evaluate Mortgage-Backed Securities August 29, 2014
- Fake, Unregulated Currency Not Unregulated Enough For Some August 18, 2014
- Horror In The Hamptons: Rosé Shortage Edition August 27, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com