Advisers at the Barclays Wealth & Investment Management division in the Americas will no longer get paid solely on how much money they bring in. Going forward, their compensation could be docked for misconduct…Barclays advisers will receive about half of their pay in the form of a monthly payment; the other half will be paid out every three months, according to people familiar with the new arrangement. While both payments will be based on a production formula similar to that at other firms, the quarterly payment also takes into account values-based criteria that include professional conduct and customer complaints. Poor performance in these areas could lead to a reduced payout. Mr. Lee said the new pay model was “well received.” But Andrew Parish, managing director at Axiom Consulting Group LLC, says he has fielded calls from at least 10 Barclays advisers in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, among other places, since they learned of the new arrangement late last year. So far, none has decided to move elsewhere, he said. [WSJ]
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Sage Kelly Bids Jefferies Adieu
- Bonus Watch '14: Jefferies
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- Bill Ackman Just Can't Help Himself
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Goldman Sachs Ready To Show Everyone How This Whole ETF Thing Is Done
- Opening Bell: 12.17.14
- Jorge Posada As Good At Picking Financial Advisers As He Was At Throwing Out Baserunners
- Ex-BlackRock Exec Regrets £43,000 Commuting Scam, Will Never Work In This Town Again
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com