Advisers at the Barclays Wealth & Investment Management division in the Americas will no longer get paid solely on how much money they bring in. Going forward, their compensation could be docked for misconduct…Barclays advisers will receive about half of their pay in the form of a monthly payment; the other half will be paid out every three months, according to people familiar with the new arrangement. While both payments will be based on a production formula similar to that at other firms, the quarterly payment also takes into account values-based criteria that include professional conduct and customer complaints. Poor performance in these areas could lead to a reduced payout. Mr. Lee said the new pay model was “well received.” But Andrew Parish, managing director at Axiom Consulting Group LLC, says he has fielded calls from at least 10 Barclays advisers in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, among other places, since they learned of the new arrangement late last year. So far, none has decided to move elsewhere, he said. [WSJ]
Barclays Wealth & Investment Management
- 13 Feb 2014 at 11:59 AM
Recruiter: Barclays Employees Hate New Bonus Plan So Much They’re Exploring Their Options Elsewhere And Then Staying At The BankBy Bess Levin
- 28 Aug 2014 at 8:00 AM
Football is back, and 1-week fantasy juggernaut DraftKings.com is offering a guaranteed $5,000,000 in prizes.
DraftKings has a special offer for Dealbreaker readers—make a first time deposit and get free entry into a $100,000 contest.
Or if you’re a high roller, you can pay $200 to compete for $1,000,000 in prizes in the NFL Sunday Million contest.
So what is 1-week fantasy? On DraftKings, it’s simple. You draft a new team every time you want to play. Choosing from the list of available players, you pick the best possible team under DraftKings’ allotted salary cap. Payouts are instant and completely secure, and DraftKings is 100% legal.
Click on any of the links in this article to claim your free entry into the DraftKings $100,000 Week 1 contest.
- Recruiter: Barclays Employees Hate New Bonus Plan So Much They're Exploring Their Options Elsewhere And Then Staying At The Bank February 13, 2014
- Swiss Bankers Suddenly Bashful About Listing "Sparkling Water," "Hooker For Client" On Expense Reports August 29, 2014
- Every Second Of Jefferies CEO's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Better Than The Last August 27, 2014
- Fake, Unregulated Currency Not Unregulated Enough For Some August 18, 2014
- Get Ready To Hear "I'll Have My Assistant Make A Reservation At Denny's" A Lot More Often August 29, 2014
- Soho-Resident Prince Josef von Habsburg-Lothringen of Austria Not The Guy With Thought He Was July 12, 2010
- Horror In The Hamptons: Rosé Shortage Edition August 27, 2014
- Bill Ackman Pretty Confident In His Ability To Swing A Racquet August 25, 2014
- Kingdon Capital Head Of IR Sends Letter To Investors Detailing Uncertainty Of Firm's "Future Viability" October 25, 2010
- Citi Would Like To Make It Clear It Did Not Pay Debrahlee Lorenzana A Dime May 22, 2012
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com