Steven Cohen’s SAC Capital Management LP is opening its main hedge fund to new investments after almost two years as a deadline for clients to redeem approaches, according to a person with knowledge of the matter. The $14 billion SAC, whose clients have until Feb. 14 to ask to pull money from the fund, isn’t actively marketing it, said the person, who asked not to be named because the firm is private. The fund has been soft-closed to new investments since mid-2011, meaning it has selectively taken in money, mostly to accommodate current clients, according to the person…This week’s deadline applies to clients asking to pull money from the fund for the quarter ending March 31. SAC executives have told employees that it expects investors to request redemptions of about $1 billion. [Bloomberg]
- 27 Nov 2013 at 1:30 PM
The holiday season is nigh and you still haven’t shopped. While you’re dreaming only of sugar plum fairies bearing fat bonuses, you don’t the time to mingle with the riff raff at some big box nightmare. Dealbreaker is here to help. Behold the 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide, chockfull of descriptors like “custom,” “gourmet,” “housecleaning,” and “DB swag.”
Click through to check out all of our gift choices for the hardcore capitalist in your life.
- SAC Capital Will Manage Your Money, If You Want February 13, 2013
- In The Future, Hedge Fund Manager Will Definitely Think Twice Before Transferring £600k To Her Lover's Bank Account No Questions Asked December 4, 2013
- Bill Ackman Actually Pretty Good At Running A Hedge Fund December 4, 2013
- Layoffs Watch '14: Investment Banking December 4, 2013
- Local Moron Throws Some Numbers Around, Decides There's A One-In-10 Chance Obama Resigns Next Year December 4, 2013
- Goldman Sachs Is Thinking That Goldman Sachs Is A Pretty Good-Looking Bet In 2014 December 4, 2013
- Goldman Sachs Suggests London Consider A World Without Goldman Sachs December 4, 2013
- SAC PM Accused Of Insider Trading Didn't Have Time For A Customary "How Are You? How's Your Mother?": Goverment Witness December 4, 2013
- Cliff Asness Has A Lot Of Problems With You People December 3, 2013
- Wells Fargo Not A Huge Hit Among The Bridge-Burning Analyst-Hopeful Class November 25, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com