Steven Cohen’s SAC Capital Management LP is opening its main hedge fund to new investments after almost two years as a deadline for clients to redeem approaches, according to a person with knowledge of the matter. The $14 billion SAC, whose clients have until Feb. 14 to ask to pull money from the fund, isn’t actively marketing it, said the person, who asked not to be named because the firm is private. The fund has been soft-closed to new investments since mid-2011, meaning it has selectively taken in money, mostly to accommodate current clients, according to the person…This week’s deadline applies to clients asking to pull money from the fund for the quarter ending March 31. SAC executives have told employees that it expects investors to request redemptions of about $1 billion. [Bloomberg]
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly Taking A Timeout From Investment Banking
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Money Manager Holding Credit Suisse's Funds Hostage Elevates The Whole "I'm 5 Minutes Away!" Text When You Haven't Yet Left Your Apartment To A New Level
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Lets Analysts Deal With His 28k Strip Club Tabs
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Things Could Be Worse But They Could Also Be Better At Jefferies Right Now
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com