Warren Buffett’s First Choice For Fed Chair Is Ben Bernanke. Second Choice Is A Set Of Steak Knives. Third Choice Is You’re Fired.By Bess Levin
The IMF chief, whose words have never and will never rattle markets like those of the Beard, cannot understand why the Fed is unable to deploy information as sagaciously and effectively as her august organization. Read more »
Serious question of the day
- Ben Bernanke’s second term as Chairman of the Federal Reserve ends on January 31, 2014.
- Ben Bernanke has “already stayed a lot longer than he wanted to, or he was supposed to,” and will not likely be reappointed next year.
- Ben Bernanke has a head for numbers
- Ben Bernanke is a leader
- Ben Bernanke has gotten used to being addressed as “Mr. Chairman.”
- Bernanke loves Bernanke loves caviar quality suits at street vendor hot dog prices.
- Men’s Wearhouse has an opening.
The one thing potentially stopping him:
- Ben Bernanke’s noted devotion to Jos A. Bank.
It’s possible, of course, that he could put all that aside for the right price and a package that included a 50% employee discount.
But would he? Should he? Read more »
Foes of Ben, fear not: After a (very) brief flirtation with dovishness, re: the Fed’s $85 billion/month habit, Philly Fed Pres. Charlie Plosser is feeling hawkish again. Read more »