Before the Federal Open Market Committee began pretending to kick around the idea that maybe it might actually begin to cut its bond buys now, rather than, say, in the future, Ben Bernanke and co. threw themselves a little birthday party featuring the Beard’s only two surviving predecessors, to commemorate the signing of the bill that made all of the ink spilled about tapering stimulus programs possible. Read more »
“Chairman Bernanke has done a phenomenal job. Hat’s off to him. The fed has played this well. They need to see concrete, unambiguous signs of recovery, at which point, we should all celebrate the fact that rates are rising.” [BloombergTV]
The IMF chief, whose words have never and will never rattle markets like those of the Beard, cannot understand why the Fed is unable to deploy information as sagaciously and effectively as her august organization. Read more »
Serious question of the day
- Ben Bernanke’s second term as Chairman of the Federal Reserve ends on January 31, 2014.
- Ben Bernanke has “already stayed a lot longer than he wanted to, or he was supposed to,” and will not likely be reappointed next year.
- Ben Bernanke has a head for numbers
- Ben Bernanke is a leader
- Ben Bernanke has gotten used to being addressed as “Mr. Chairman.”
- Bernanke loves Bernanke loves caviar quality suits at street vendor hot dog prices.
- Men’s Wearhouse has an opening.
The one thing potentially stopping him:
- Ben Bernanke’s noted devotion to Jos A. Bank.
It’s possible, of course, that he could put all that aside for the right price and a package that included a 50% employee discount.
But would he? Should he? Read more »