For the next three weeks, the bank’s world-wide head of foreign-exchange sales is invoking his alter ego, “Bernieman.” The 53-year-old Mr. Sinniah’s mission: elevate Citigroup to the top of Euromoney magazine’s hallowed annual ranking of foreign-exchange firms…The last time Citigroup captured the top spot was in 2002. The New York bank then languished but has been inching its way back up the list, finishing second in 2012. Triumph this year is a job for Bernieman. Vowing to end Citigroup’s losing streak, Mr. Sinniah put his muscles where his mouth is. Around the world, Citigroup has plastered offices with a cartoon sendup of Mr. Sinniah clad in yellow tights, red briefs and a red cape, with a B on his chest and left index finger pointing toward the sky. “THERE IS NO TRY. DO!” the posters say. “GET TO NUMBER ONE.” “DO!” means persuading clients to support Citigroup in the Euromoney survey. “Every vote counts!” one poster adds. On Citigroup trading floors, traders, salespeople and analysts have been divided into teams to get out the vote. Instead of their typical uniform of button-down shirts and chinos, employees are wearing T-shirts emblazoned with Formula One racing-team names and Bernieman’s motto. [WSJ]
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Bonus Watch '14: Congrats On Being An Investment Banker
- Bill Gross Reacts To George Soros's $500 Million Investment Like He's Been Awarded The Presidential Medal Of Freedom
- Mathew Martoma Is In Miami
- Bonus Expectations Got You Down? Boss Riding Your Ass? Quit And Support Yourself Via Fantasy Football
- David Rubenstein Will Have Warren Buffett Know He's Not A Porn Shop Operator
- Goldman Sachs Is Smart
- Steve Cohen Continues To Rid Firm Of Incentives For Employees To...Y'Know...
- Deal Judge: We're Going To Need A New Master of Coin
- Opening Bell: 11.21.14
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com