At their best, these [pre-Thanksgiving] reunions are a chance for old friends to catch up. At their worst, they are the source of the moniker “Blackout Wednesday” in some hard-partying bars. Either way, these gatherings have made the Wednesday before Thanksgiving one of the biggest party nights of the year. “That night is even bigger than New Year’s Eve,” says James Brown, owner of San Pedro Brewing Co., a neighborhood brew pub outside Los Angeles. It’s a see-and-be-seen kind of night,” he says. “In the suburbs, the night is absolutely the biggest night of the year,” says Drew Zuccarini, manager. “That Wednesday night has grown into the pinnacle event of the holiday weekend,” says Ken Henricks of Bottleneck Management Group, which owns four Chicago-area bars. “It used to be, ‘Oh, let’s get together Wednesday because it’s convenient.’ ” Now, he says, “for a certain demographic it has become an institution.” [WSJ]
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- Arizona State Now Has Multiple Business Schools To Choose From
- Ex-Jefferies Exec Convicted Of Fraud Has Bone To Pick With The Guy Who Turned Him In
- Ruble’s Historic Freefall, Russian Economic Collapse Not Fazing Vladimir Putin
- If You Stand Perfectly Still, Dan Loeb Cannot See You: Sony Execs
- Bonus Watch '14: Citigroup
- The Indomitable Dov Charney Strikes Again
- Dealbreaker Dramatic Reading Night Returns Wednesday
- JOBS Act Helps Hedge Fund Raise Money Through Widespread Advertising
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com