We’re no fans of protectionism — least of all, regulation coming out of the People’s Republic of Canada. However, with Stephen Harper at the helm, things have gotten better for our mildly dull, if not downright slow, neighbors to the north. Case in point: The National Post reports today that the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has just approved a new porn channel, on the condition that it show 50% Canadian content.
- Canadian Regulators Care About How Canadians Get Their Wood August 15, 2008
- I Have To Draw You: Reflections Of A Courtroom Illustrator April 15, 2014
- Hedge Funds Actually Riskier, Scarier Than Banks, Vladimir Putin, Earth-Bound Asteroids Combined April 15, 2014
- Sotheby's Thought More Highly of Dan Loeb's Art Expertise When He Wasn't Trying To Fire Its CEO April 15, 2014
- Tax Day Watch '14: The Travails of The 1% April 15, 2014
- Phil Falcone & Co. Still Not Sorry About Trying To Screw Over Charlie Ergen April 15, 2014
- This Cinco de Mayo, Take A Bath With Warren Buffett April 14, 2014
- Bill Gross Doesn't Understand Why El-Erian Won't Just Be A Man, Defend Himself, And Violate His NDA April 11, 2014
- Layoffs Watch '14: Citi April 14, 2014
- Nasdaq Happy To Accommodate Those Exaggerating Its Importance April 15, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com