Back in July, Chicago, Wall Street, and the universe, really, were rocked by the prospect of Citadel founder Ken Griffin losing his title as World’s Richest Illinoisan, following the news that he and his wife were getting divorced. For those who haven’t been following the story, a quick refresh:
* July 23, 2014: Ken’s lawyers serve Anne with divorce papers.
* July 23, 2014, later that day: Anne’s lawyer says in a statement that Ken “unilaterally filed a divorce petition…with no notice to either me or my client, knowing full well that she had just left for summer vacation with their three young children and would therefore be unable to respond.”
* July 24, 2014: Ken’s lawyers preemptively put it out there that the couple’s prenup is: “…valid, binding and enforceable…”
* September 2, 2014: Anne Dias Griffin says fuck you and fuck your prenup; says through a lawyer she wants it voided; claims that Ken sprung the prenup on her three days before their wedding, then got her to sign it by suggesting the two see a therapist while failing to mention he was already a patient of said therapist.
* September 3, 2014: Re: allegations by Anne that he’s an absentee father, Ken brings out the big guns: “A source close to Mr. Griffin called the father of three a devoted dad who’s been known to dress as Spider-Man for a school Halloween party and as a prince for a daughter’s birthday party that had a princess theme.”
Which brings us to today. From Ken’s camp, there’s the news that Anne’s already received a sizable chunk of change over the course of their marriage. From Anne’s, it’s that Ken’s changed the locks on their many vacations homes and maybe threatened to take a wrecking ball to their Chicago penthouse? Read more »
Back in July, after he filed for divorce from his wife of 11 years, we noted that Ken Griffin’s title as World’s Richest Illinoisan was in peril. In light of the fact that even if Anne Dias Griffin took half, the Citadel founder would still be worth over $1 billion, this comment may have seemed a tad dramatic. Following today’s report that Anne wants their prenuptial agreement voided, though, and is clearly playing the hardest of ball, it doesn’t seem dramatic in the slightest. She’s going after him for everything, and if the idea of her demanding not just cash, homes, and art but the keys to the hedge fund sounds laughable than laugh it up! Also, if the (soon-to-be-ex-) Mrs. needs any pointers on playing dirty, she (allegedly!) needn’t look far. Read more »
A federal appeals court found that making Goldman angry is not a violation of federal law, freeing poor old Sergey so that he could face the same charges in state court. But making Ken Griffin angry? That’s a whole other story—one that could involve 20 years in prison for a plucky 26-year-old programmer who Citadel politely asked to stop downloading its secret sauce onto personal hard drives, but who kept doing it anyway. Read more »
As you’ve probably heard by now, hedge fund manager Ken Griffin is getting divorced, having served his wife Anne with papers at some point yesterday afternoon. So, it’s sad times at Casa de Griffin, made even sadder by the fact that the Citadel founder may be parting with a good chunk of his milkshake allowance at some point in the near future. Read more »
You could also one day read about Griffin signing with the Bulls as their new shooting guard but, again… Read more »
Ken Griffin Doesn’t Make His High-Frequency Traders Write Their Code In Pig Latin And Then Swallow The Evidence Because He Wants ToBy Bess Levin
It’s because he has to. Read more »