Blackstone reported an unexpected third- quarter loss as an 11 percent drop in the value of its buyout holdings forced the reversal of previously booked fees. Economic net income, a measure of earnings excluding some costs tied to the firm’s initial public offering, showed a loss of $341.9 million, or 31 cents a share, compared with a profit of $339.3 million, or 31 cents, a year earlier…“The third quarter presented extremely challenging market conditions, dominated by risk aversion and volatility,” Schwarzman said in today’s statement. “Our earnings were not immune to the sharp downward trajectory of global markets.” [Bloomberg, related]
- 27 Nov 2013 at 1:30 PM
The holiday season is nigh and you still haven’t shopped. While you’re dreaming only of sugar plum fairies bearing fat bonuses, you don’t the time to mingle with the riff raff at some big box nightmare. Dealbreaker is here to help. Behold the 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide, chockfull of descriptors like “custom,” “gourmet,” “housecleaning,” and “DB swag.”
Click through to check out all of our gift choices for the hardcore capitalist in your life.
- Stephen Schwarzman's Crab Claw Funds At Risk October 20, 2011
- Guy Who Worked In Notorious Boiler Room Where He Was Urged By Boss To Slit His Throat Has Already Fandangoed His Tickets To The Movie December 9, 2013
- Opening Bell: 12.09.13 December 9, 2013
- Bernie Madoff Has Regrets December 9, 2013
- Using Yiddish Word For Screwing Only One Of The Many Colorful Ways That Bernie Madoff Made Clear He Was Up To No Good December 6, 2013
- New HLF Product: The Tables Have Turned December 9, 2013
- Credit Suisse Employee Moonlights As Breakdancing National Champion December 6, 2013
- The 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide November 27, 2013
- Don't Want To Get On Compliance's Watch List? Consider Not Going On Endlessly About How Ravenous You Are Or How They're Expecting You At Chipotle; One "God Damn It I'm Starving" Or "Need Burrito In Mouth, Stat" Should Suffice December 6, 2013
- Who Among Us Wouldn't Listen To A Guy Pitch An Investment Involving "Pay-Per-View Programming Starring Carmen Electra" And Proceed To Wire Him $195,000? December 5, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com