On Wednesday, Governor Dannel P. Malloy of Connecticut announced that the asset manager would be constructing a state-of-the-art facility along the Stamford waterfront as part of an economic and community development initiative. As part of the program, which will give the firm as much as $115 million in incentives as part of the deal, Bridgewater has also promised to add another 750 to 1,000 new high-level jobs to its current staff of 1,225…The new offices will have about 750,000 square feet spread across two eco-friendly buildings that will front the water in the Harbor Point development area. Bridgewater has promised to clean up the contaminated site and reforest the area, creating a park-like campus for its employees with public access. “We are pleased that the State of Connecticut shares our vision of creating a state of the art and environmentally sustainable office campus, while also restoring this key piece of natural waterfront property in Stamford,” Greg Jensen, co-chief executive of Bridgewater, said in a statement. “We look forward to transforming this industrial site into a spectacularly beautiful forested campus that will be seamlessly integrated into the natural surroundings. The proposed campus will house all of our employees and be designed to facilitate creativity, collaboration and help reinforce Bridgewater’s distinct culture which has been so instrumental to our success.” [Dealbook]
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly Taking A Timeout From Investment Banking
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Money Manager Holding Credit Suisse's Funds Hostage Elevates The Whole "I'm 5 Minutes Away!" Text When You Haven't Yet Left Your Apartment To A New Level
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Opening Bell: 10.30.14
- Local Man Accused Of Controlling Hedge Fund All The Way To The Bank
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com