As you may have heard, Jon Corzine is out of a job. While most people with a net worth in the range of $100 million and three grown children would see their sudden unemployment as a time to retire, Jon Corzine is not most people. He needs to work to feel alive and he needs to feel like he’s making a significant impact in whatever he does. That’s why he ran for Senate after being pushed out of Goldman Sachs and that’s why he took on the CEO role at “little-known” MF Global after losing the New Jersey governor race to Chris Christie. But what now? At this juncture, it’s probably safe to say that a career on Wall Street or holding office is out. Assuming he doesn’t go to jail– which some people think he might–** what’s left? Clearly JSC is not going to sit in some poorly lit office pushing papers– he needs a high pressure environment and he needs to do something special. And in one of MF Global’s darkest hours, Corzine shed some light on what that might be. Read more »
- 28 Aug 2014 at 8:00 AM
Football is back, and 1-week fantasy juggernaut DraftKings.com is offering a guaranteed $5,000,000 in prizes.
DraftKings has a special offer for Dealbreaker readers—make a first time deposit and get free entry into a $100,000 contest.
Or if you’re a high roller, you can pay $200 to compete for $1,000,000 in prizes in the NFL Sunday Million contest.
So what is 1-week fantasy? On DraftKings, it’s simple. You draft a new team every time you want to play. Choosing from the list of available players, you pick the best possible team under DraftKings’ allotted salary cap. Payouts are instant and completely secure, and DraftKings is 100% legal.
Click on any of the links in this article to claim your free entry into the DraftKings $100,000 Week 1 contest.
- Jon Corzine's Second Act? December 12, 2011
- Swiss Bankers Suddenly Bashful About Listing "Sparkling Water," "Hooker For Client" On Expense Reports August 29, 2014
- Every Second Of Jefferies CEO's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Better Than The Last August 27, 2014
- Kyle Bass Not Entirely Thrilled With Paul Singer At The Moment August 28, 2014
- Get Ready To Hear "I'll Have My Assistant Make A Reservation At Denny's" A Lot More Often August 29, 2014
- Horror In The Hamptons: Rosé Shortage Edition August 27, 2014
- Opening Bell: 08.29.14 August 29, 2014
- Steve Ballmer Offers Primer On How To Buy A Major League Sports Team August 26, 2014
- Write-Offs: 08.29.14 August 29, 2014
- Pay Hike Watch '14: Raises For Everyone (Under 25)! August 21, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com