At a conference in Orlando this year, for example, Mr. Bharara recalled a scene from the movie “The Wolf of Wall Street,” when a character threw a subpoena in a trash can to urinate on it. Mr. Bharara told the crowd that he grew agitated, struggling to understand why anyone would show such disdain for a subpoena. “Then I realized something very important,” he said, pausing for effect. “It was sent by prosecutors in Brooklyn” rather than from his office in Manhattan, he added to an eruption of laughter. “And then I totally calmed down.” [Dealbook via Matt]
disdain for a subpoena
- 23 May 2014 at 11:01 AM
Preet Bharara Can Laugh About People Relieving Themselves On Subpoenas, As Long As They’re Outer Borough SubpoenasBy Bess Levin
- 28 Aug 2014 at 8:00 AM
Football is back, and 1-week fantasy juggernaut DraftKings.com is offering a guaranteed $5,000,000 in prizes.
DraftKings has a special offer for Dealbreaker readers—make a first time deposit and get free entry into a $100,000 contest.
Or if you’re a high roller, you can pay $200 to compete for $1,000,000 in prizes in the NFL Sunday Million contest.
So what is 1-week fantasy? On DraftKings, it’s simple. You draft a new team every time you want to play. Choosing from the list of available players, you pick the best possible team under DraftKings’ allotted salary cap. Payouts are instant and completely secure, and DraftKings is 100% legal.
Click on any of the links in this article to claim your free entry into the DraftKings $100,000 Week 1 contest.
- Preet Bharara Can Laugh About People Relieving Themselves On Subpoenas, As Long As They're Outer Borough Subpoenas May 23, 2014
- OH NO HE DI'INT: Ken Griffin Divorce Edition September 2, 2014
- Boone Pickens Basically A Porn Star: 5th Wife September 2, 2014
- Credit Suisse Investigation Into Husband/Wife Leak Raises More Questions Than It Answers September 2, 2014
- Angelo Mozilo Has No Idea Why People Still Want To Talk About Countrywide, He's Yet To Be Inducted Into The CEO Hall Of Fame September 2, 2014
- Allowance Watch '14: Citigroup September 2, 2014
- Every Second Of Jefferies CEO's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Better Than The Last August 27, 2014
- One Unidentified Compliance Staffer Had A Hell Of A Labor Day Weekend On The SEC September 2, 2014
- Opening Bell: 09.02.2014 September 2, 2014
- Carl Icahn Really Knows How To Make A 2.2% Return Shine September 2, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com