At a conference in Orlando this year, for example, Mr. Bharara recalled a scene from the movie “The Wolf of Wall Street,” when a character threw a subpoena in a trash can to urinate on it. Mr. Bharara told the crowd that he grew agitated, struggling to understand why anyone would show such disdain for a subpoena. “Then I realized something very important,” he said, pausing for effect. “It was sent by prosecutors in Brooklyn” rather than from his office in Manhattan, he added to an eruption of laughter. “And then I totally calmed down.” [Dealbook via Matt]
disdain for a subpoena
- 23 May 2014 at 11:01 AM
Preet Bharara Can Laugh About People Relieving Themselves On Subpoenas, As Long As They’re Outer Borough SubpoenasBy Bess Levin
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly Taking A Timeout From Investment Banking
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Money Manager Holding Credit Suisse's Funds Hostage Elevates The Whole "I'm 5 Minutes Away!" Text When You Haven't Yet Left Your Apartment To A New Level
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Things Could Be Worse But They Could Also Be Better At Jefferies Right Now
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Opening Bell: 10.30.14
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com