Dish Network Chairman Charlie Ergen was so sure that the debt of a bankrupt wireless Internet venture was the investment of the century that he staked his daughter’s future on it, without telling her or his wife. It definitely had nothing to do with that bankrupt venture’s owning some electromagnetic spectrum that Dish coveted, and if Ergen had Dish’s treasurer make the trades on his behalf, well, that’s just an unfortunate coincidence.
- Charlie Ergen's "Wife And...Daughter May Be Mad" January 10, 2014
- Ken Griffin's Lawyers Have Something To Get Off Their Chests July 24, 2014
- Ken Griffin's Title As World's Richest Illinoisan In Peril July 24, 2014
- Hedge Fund Manager Thinks World’s Just About Over This Whole Apple Fad July 25, 2014
- Renaissance Technologies: Buy-And-Hold Investor July 1, 2013
- Opening Bell: 07.25.14 July 25, 2014
- Memo To Herbalife: Bill Ackman Will Make This An Extracurricular Activity If He Has To July 24, 2014
- Wharton Alums Not Interested In Spending Any More Time Together Than Absolutely Necessary July 24, 2014
- Barclays: Attorney General Not Sophisticated Enough To Understand How Our Dark Pools Work July 24, 2014
- Argentina Ready To Solve This Thing If You’ll Just Give It Everything It Wants July 25, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com