Unable to post her $2 million bail and desperate to get her out of jail and home for Mother’s Day, the husband and kids of accused Upper East Side madam Anna Gristina have gone public to raise money. The family yesterday launched a Web site asking for donations toward her whopping bail, which they blast as “cruel and unusual.” The site, www.helpanna.org, features photos of Gristina with her kids and information about her pig-rescue farm. Gristina was arrested on Feb. 22 on a single count of promoting prostitution. Since then, Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan has refused to budge on Gristina’s sky-high bail of $2 million bond — or $1 million cash — siding with prosecutors who claim the Scottish-born mom of four is a flight risk. Gristina lawyer Gary Greenwald has argued that the “outrageous’’ bond is beyond what’s given for mobsters, drug dealers and murderers. [NYP, related]
- 27 Nov 2013 at 1:30 PM
The holiday season is nigh and you still haven’t shopped. While you’re dreaming only of sugar plum fairies bearing fat bonuses, you don’t the time to mingle with the riff raff at some big box nightmare. Dealbreaker is here to help. Behold the 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide, chockfull of descriptors like “custom,” “gourmet,” “housecleaning,” and “DB swag.”
Click through to check out all of our gift choices for the hardcore capitalist in your life.
- Accused Manhattan Madam Now Accepting Donations April 26, 2012
- Credit Suisse Employee Moonlights As Breakdancing National Champion December 6, 2013
- Don't Want To Get On Compliance's Watch List? Consider Not Going On Endlessly About How Ravenous You Are Or How They're Expecting You At Chipotle; One "God Damn It I'm Starving" Or "Need Burrito In Mouth, Stat" Should Suffice December 6, 2013
- Using Yiddish Word For Screwing Only One Of The Many Colorful Ways That Bernie Madoff Made Clear He Was Up To No Good December 6, 2013
- The 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide November 27, 2013
- Who Among Us Wouldn't Listen To A Guy Pitch An Investment Involving "Pay-Per-View Programming Starring Carmen Electra" And Proceed To Wire Him $195,000? December 5, 2013
- Charlie Gasparino's Gut Tells Him Trouble Is Brewing At Goldman Sachs, Though In Fairness That Could Just Be Last Night's Chinese December 6, 2013
- Tommy Belesis Will Have To Wait At Least 1 Year Before Threatening To Hit Another Broker With His Car December 5, 2013
- Christmas Come Early For John Paulson December 6, 2013
- Opening Bell: 12.06.13 December 6, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com