Unable to post her $2 million bail and desperate to get her out of jail and home for Mother’s Day, the husband and kids of accused Upper East Side madam Anna Gristina have gone public to raise money. The family yesterday launched a Web site asking for donations toward her whopping bail, which they blast as “cruel and unusual.” The site, www.helpanna.org, features photos of Gristina with her kids and information about her pig-rescue farm. Gristina was arrested on Feb. 22 on a single count of promoting prostitution. Since then, Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan has refused to budge on Gristina’s sky-high bail of $2 million bond — or $1 million cash — siding with prosecutors who claim the Scottish-born mom of four is a flight risk. Gristina lawyer Gary Greenwald has argued that the “outrageous’’ bond is beyond what’s given for mobsters, drug dealers and murderers. [NYP, related]
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly Taking A Timeout From Investment Banking
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Money Manager Holding Credit Suisse's Funds Hostage Elevates The Whole "I'm 5 Minutes Away!" Text When You Haven't Yet Left Your Apartment To A New Level
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Opening Bell: 10.30.14
- Local Man Accused Of Controlling Hedge Fund All The Way To The Bank
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com