Remember Paolo Pellegrini? For those who need a refresher, the Italian Stallion is the former Paulson and Co. employee who helped John come up with a highly lucrative subprime trade, later leaving the firm to set up his own shop (the delightfully named PSQR AKA Pellegrini Squared) after some reported friction re: whether or not he was getting enough credit for netting the hedge fund billions via ‘the greatest trade ever.’ PSQR returned 40% in 2008 and 61.6% in 2009 and then in August 2010, Pellegrini gave back all outside investor capital, stating that he would be focusing on managing his own money. And speaking of Paolo’s pennies, the ones he had invested with Paulson have taken a li’l bit of a hit lately. But according to Big P, who previously dabbled in DJ’ing and efforts to get pot legalized, it’s all good. Read more »
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Arizona State Now Has Multiple Business Schools To Choose From
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- Ex-Jefferies Exec Convicted Of Fraud Has Bone To Pick With The Guy Who Turned Him In
- Ruble’s Historic Freefall, Russian Economic Collapse Not Fazing Vladimir Putin
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- JOBS Act Helps Hedge Fund Raise Money Through Widespread Advertising
- Banks Still Pretty Pissed Off Their Shady Mortgage Dealings Came So Expensively To Light
- Dealbreaker Dramatic Reading Night Returns Wednesday
- Point72 Asset Management Now Has A Unit Called "Creating Rubric Capital"
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com