The U.K. is on a bit of a winning streak in its legal battle to stop the European Union (read: France) from destroying London’s financial services industry, and it’s pressing its luck in a last-ditch bid to keep the vultures in Brussels and Paris from kind of but not really taking a chunk out of your paycheck. For in spite of what the other 27 members of the bloc think, it seems that the bonus curbs will both be ineffective and probably maybe sort of illegal under that grand monument to jargon and opacity, the EU Treaty. Read more »
- 27 Nov 2013 at 1:30 PM
The holiday season is nigh and you still haven’t shopped. While you’re dreaming only of sugar plum fairies bearing fat bonuses, you don’t the time to mingle with the riff raff at some big box nightmare. Dealbreaker is here to help. Behold the 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide, chockfull of descriptors like “custom,” “gourmet,” “housecleaning,” and “DB swag.”
Click through to check out all of our gift choices for the hardcore capitalist in your life.
- Bonus Watch '14: Britain Goes To The Barricades September 26, 2013
- In The Future, Hedge Fund Manager Will Definitely Think Twice Before Transferring £600k To Her Lover's Bank Account No Questions Asked December 4, 2013
- Bill Ackman Actually Pretty Good At Running A Hedge Fund December 4, 2013
- Layoffs Watch '14: Investment Banking December 4, 2013
- Local Moron Throws Some Numbers Around, Decides There's A One-In-10 Chance Obama Resigns Next Year December 4, 2013
- Goldman Sachs Is Thinking That Goldman Sachs Is A Pretty Good-Looking Bet In 2014 December 4, 2013
- Goldman Sachs Suggests London Consider A World Without Goldman Sachs December 4, 2013
- SAC PM Accused Of Insider Trading Didn't Have Time For A Customary "How Are You? How's Your Mother?": Goverment Witness December 4, 2013
- The 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide November 27, 2013
- BofA, JPMC, Citi Even Worse At Complying With Mortgage Settlement Than Wells Fargo December 4, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com