The City of London Corporation, which oversees the U.K.’s main financial district, issued eviction notices to anti-capitalist protesters camped outside St. Paul’s Cathedral. The City authorities served a legal notice demanding the protesters move their tents and equipment away from the public highway within 24 hours, John Park, a corporation spokesman, said in an e-mail today. The move followed a decision yesterday to clear demonstrators from the area, he said. “We are getting reports about vulnerable people, cases of late-night drinking and other worrying trends, so it’s time to act,” the corporation’s policy chairman, Stuart Fraser, said in an e-mailed statement yesterday, “From now on, we will have to have any talks in parallel with court action — not instead.” If protesters do not comply with the eviction order, proceedings will be issued in the High Court, he said. [Bloomberg]
- 27 Nov 2013 at 1:30 PM
The holiday season is nigh and you still haven’t shopped. While you’re dreaming only of sugar plum fairies bearing fat bonuses, you don’t the time to mingle with the riff raff at some big box nightmare. Dealbreaker is here to help. Behold the 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide, chockfull of descriptors like “custom,” “gourmet,” “housecleaning,” and “DB swag.”
Click through to check out all of our gift choices for the hardcore capitalist in your life.
- Occupy Wall Street: London Takes Page From Mayor Bloomberg's Playabook, Sans Billy Clubs, Book Burning, NYPD Bedside Manner November 16, 2011
- Tommy Belesis Will Have To Wait At Least 1 Year Before Threatening To Hit Another Broker With His Car December 5, 2013
- Who Among Us Wouldn't Listen To A Guy Pitch An Investment Involving "Pay-Per-View Programming Starring Carmen Electra" And Proceed To Wire Him $195,000? December 5, 2013
- Greek-Focused Hedge Fund Doing Okay For Itself December 5, 2013
- Marissa Mayer Is An Enigma, Wrapped In A Michael Kors Dress, Posing Upside Down On A Chaise Lounge December 5, 2013
- Swiss Banks Will Not Be Rushed Re: Deciding To Comply With U.S. On Tax Evasion December 5, 2013
- The 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide November 27, 2013
- Formerly Jailed Hedge Fund Manager Just Really Needs Everyone To Know That Lots And Lots Of People Like Him And Think He's Probably Not A Crook December 5, 2013
- Applicant Formerly Interested In Wells Fargo Securities Analyst Program Has Epiphany November 25, 2013
- Layoffs Watch '14: Investment Banking December 4, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com