The City of London Corporation, which oversees the U.K.’s main financial district, issued eviction notices to anti-capitalist protesters camped outside St. Paul’s Cathedral. The City authorities served a legal notice demanding the protesters move their tents and equipment away from the public highway within 24 hours, John Park, a corporation spokesman, said in an e-mail today. The move followed a decision yesterday to clear demonstrators from the area, he said. “We are getting reports about vulnerable people, cases of late-night drinking and other worrying trends, so it’s time to act,” the corporation’s policy chairman, Stuart Fraser, said in an e-mailed statement yesterday, “From now on, we will have to have any talks in parallel with court action — not instead.” If protesters do not comply with the eviction order, proceedings will be issued in the High Court, he said. [Bloomberg]
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly Taking A Timeout From Investment Banking
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Money Manager Holding Credit Suisse's Funds Hostage Elevates The Whole "I'm 5 Minutes Away!" Text When You Haven't Yet Left Your Apartment To A New Level
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Opening Bell: 10.30.14
- Local Man Accused Of Controlling Hedge Fund All The Way To The Bank
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com