Ms. Merkel has taken Bettina Schoenbach’s advice to heart, exclusively wearing straight-cut pants and three-button, diagonal-pocketed blazers from the German designer…While that sartorial consistency may have been an asset earlier in her career, it could become a problem as Ms. Merkel pushes the unpopular message of austerity to European Union members and faces a restless electorate at home, says Robb Young, author of “Power Dressing: First Ladies, Women Politicians & Fashion.” “Her static wardrobe can be perceived as an honest reflection of her political persona—a no-nonsense, rational woman,” says Mr. Young. “But the same unwavering resolve to maintain this habitual, signature style could be a liability among certain voters aching for signs of change.” [WSJ via Heidi Moore]
- 01 Jun 2012 at 2:05 PM
Actual Debate: Should Angela Merkel Slip Into Something More Comfortable To Indicate She’s Open To Euro Bonds?By Bess Levin
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Bonus Watch '14: US Bankers
- Opening Bell: 10.29.14
- October Not The Best Of Times For Hedge Funds
- Get Cliff Asness A Job On Madison Avenue
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com