In recognition of all of Greece’s achievements in recent months—and possibly to avoid being made to look the fool by hedge funds and S&P—Fitch has awarded the country a not-so-coveted B-minus sovereign debt rating. Five more upgrades and Greece will be a borderline investment-grade opportunity! Read more »
- 15 May 2013 at 3:23 PM
- 17 May 2012 at 2:30 PM
Fitch ratings agency downgraded debt-crippled Greece deeper into junk territory on Thursday, warning of a “probable” Greek exit from the euro currency union if new national elections next month produce an anti-bailout government. Fitch said it had cut Greece’s rating by one notch, from B- to CCC, the lowest possible grade for a country that is not in default. [AP]
- 10 Nov 2009 at 10:24 AM
The Viking ship Fitch Ratings continued it’s marauding in the British Isles today, sending shivers throughout the United Kingdom.
Well, maybe not throughout. But certainly in London, the ratings agency’s word that the U.K. is the triple-A rated country most at risk of a downgrade was heard loud and clear, as the pound tumbled and the prime minister mumbled.
Fitch didn’t exactly say that Britain is about to go the way of Iceland, or even of Ireland. It didn’t even cut its outlook, as Standard & Poor’s did earlier this year, saying the U.K.’s top credit rating is “resilient.” But it did say that the country requires the “largest budget adjustment” of any triple-A rated sovereign. And we all know that you can take a ratings agency at its word.
- Greek Debt: Still Junk, But Less So May 15, 2013
- Pimco Investor Considering Pulling Out Over Secretariat's Erratic Behavior, Some Other Stuff March 10, 2014
- Don't Get Caught On "His" Side: A Survival Guide For Pimco Employees March 7, 2014
- Bonus Watch '14: Bank of America Just Couldn't Let Brian Moynihan Have This One March 7, 2014
- Bonus Watch '14: JP Morgan Whistleblowers March 7, 2014
- James Gorman Not Sure What The Hell To Think Of Bitcoin March 10, 2014
- New Crop Of MBA Candidates Thinking They're Pretty Hot Shit March 6, 2014
- Area Barber Quits Creativity-Stifling Goldman Gig, Enjoys New And Previously Unthinkable Freedom To Cut March 6, 2014
- Write-Offs: 03.07.14 March 7, 2014
- University Of Chicago Economics Department Suddenly Too Good For Fabrice Tourre March 4, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com