In recognition of all of Greece’s achievements in recent months—and possibly to avoid being made to look the fool by hedge funds and S&P—Fitch has awarded the country a not-so-coveted B-minus sovereign debt rating. Five more upgrades and Greece will be a borderline investment-grade opportunity! Read more »
- 15 May 2013 at 3:23 PM
- 17 May 2012 at 2:30 PM
Fitch ratings agency downgraded debt-crippled Greece deeper into junk territory on Thursday, warning of a “probable” Greek exit from the euro currency union if new national elections next month produce an anti-bailout government. Fitch said it had cut Greece’s rating by one notch, from B- to CCC, the lowest possible grade for a country that is not in default. [AP]
- 10 Nov 2009 at 10:24 AM
The Viking ship Fitch Ratings continued it’s marauding in the British Isles today, sending shivers throughout the United Kingdom.
Well, maybe not throughout. But certainly in London, the ratings agency’s word that the U.K. is the triple-A rated country most at risk of a downgrade was heard loud and clear, as the pound tumbled and the prime minister mumbled.
Fitch didn’t exactly say that Britain is about to go the way of Iceland, or even of Ireland. It didn’t even cut its outlook, as Standard & Poor’s did earlier this year, saying the U.K.’s top credit rating is “resilient.” But it did say that the country requires the “largest budget adjustment” of any triple-A rated sovereign. And we all know that you can take a ratings agency at its word.
- Greek Debt: Still Junk, But Less So May 15, 2013
- Argentina Decides Talking To Paul Singer Maybe Not Worse Than Defaulting At Midnight July 30, 2014
- Broker Junkets Are Back (But Only 70% As Drunk) July 30, 2014
- Deutsche Bank Knows Its Financial Reporting Operation Is A Janky Pile Of Crap July 30, 2014
- S&P Is Going To Go Ahead And Call This A "Selective Default" For Argentina July 30, 2014
- Dan Loeb Would Like That $1.4 Billion Back July 30, 2014
- Morgan Stanley Has A Treat For Senior Junior Bankers July 29, 2014
- Local Man Wants Credit (And More) For Almost Selling Most Expensive House In U.S. History July 29, 2014
- Let's Talk About: CFA Results July 29, 2014
- Brian Moynihan Imposing His Own Sanctions On Russia July 30, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com