In recognition of all of Greece’s achievements in recent months—and possibly to avoid being made to look the fool by hedge funds and S&P—Fitch has awarded the country a not-so-coveted B-minus sovereign debt rating. Five more upgrades and Greece will be a borderline investment-grade opportunity! Read more »
- 15 May 2013 at 3:23 PM
- 17 May 2012 at 2:30 PM
Fitch ratings agency downgraded debt-crippled Greece deeper into junk territory on Thursday, warning of a “probable” Greek exit from the euro currency union if new national elections next month produce an anti-bailout government. Fitch said it had cut Greece’s rating by one notch, from B- to CCC, the lowest possible grade for a country that is not in default. [AP]
- 10 Nov 2009 at 10:24 AM
The Viking ship Fitch Ratings continued it’s marauding in the British Isles today, sending shivers throughout the United Kingdom.
Well, maybe not throughout. But certainly in London, the ratings agency’s word that the U.K. is the triple-A rated country most at risk of a downgrade was heard loud and clear, as the pound tumbled and the prime minister mumbled.
Fitch didn’t exactly say that Britain is about to go the way of Iceland, or even of Ireland. It didn’t even cut its outlook, as Standard & Poor’s did earlier this year, saying the U.K.’s top credit rating is “resilient.” But it did say that the country requires the “largest budget adjustment” of any triple-A rated sovereign. And we all know that you can take a ratings agency at its word.
- De Blasio To Dimon: F*ck You And F*ck Your Tax Breaks
- World's Greatest (Ex-) Banker Daughter Ties The Knot
- New York Fed Was Told To Look Into London Whale Office In 2009, Decided To Take Long Lunch Instead
- Opening Bell: 10.21.14
- John Paulson’s Solution To Shire Problem Probably Not Sitting Well With Bill Ackman
- Mathew Martoma Still Going To Jail
- Bar Mitzvah Boy Tim Sykes Resurfaces On Below Deck, Gives Crew Stock Tips
- Bob Diamond's Daughter Releases Statement Re: Father's Firing
- Bonus Watch '14: Babies Born In The Next 7.5 Hours
- Opening Bell: 10.22.14
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com