In recognition of all of Greece’s achievements in recent months—and possibly to avoid being made to look the fool by hedge funds and S&P—Fitch has awarded the country a not-so-coveted B-minus sovereign debt rating. Five more upgrades and Greece will be a borderline investment-grade opportunity! Read more »
- 15 May 2013 at 3:23 PM
- 17 May 2012 at 2:30 PM
Fitch ratings agency downgraded debt-crippled Greece deeper into junk territory on Thursday, warning of a “probable” Greek exit from the euro currency union if new national elections next month produce an anti-bailout government. Fitch said it had cut Greece’s rating by one notch, from B- to CCC, the lowest possible grade for a country that is not in default. [AP]
- 10 Nov 2009 at 10:24 AM
The Viking ship Fitch Ratings continued it’s marauding in the British Isles today, sending shivers throughout the United Kingdom.
Well, maybe not throughout. But certainly in London, the ratings agency’s word that the U.K. is the triple-A rated country most at risk of a downgrade was heard loud and clear, as the pound tumbled and the prime minister mumbled.
Fitch didn’t exactly say that Britain is about to go the way of Iceland, or even of Ireland. It didn’t even cut its outlook, as Standard & Poor’s did earlier this year, saying the U.K.’s top credit rating is “resilient.” But it did say that the country requires the “largest budget adjustment” of any triple-A rated sovereign. And we all know that you can take a ratings agency at its word.
- Greek Debt: Still Junk, But Less So May 15, 2013
- Convicted Insider Trading Asks Judge To Delay Sentencing So He Can Enjoy The Pageantry Of B-School Graduation April 17, 2014
- Goldman Sachs Suggests NYTimes Sleep With One Eye Open April 16, 2014
- Marissa Mayer Wasn’t Crazy Enough To Give Former COO A $64 Million Severance Package For 15 Months of Work April 17, 2014
- Balyasny Asset Management Analyst Needs A Couple of Days Off In August April 17, 2014
- Layoffs Watch '14: Credit Suisse April 17, 2014
- Steve Cohen Needs Your Best Trade Ideas April 16, 2014
- The SEC Thought Charlie Munger Was Hiding A Hedge Fund In Some Newspapers August 23, 2013
- Banker Who Used TARP Funds To Buy Florida Condo Isn't Allowed To Be A Banker Anymore April 17, 2014
- Who Wants To Buy A Las Vegas Resort? April 16, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com