Remember when alleged Ponzi-schemer Allen Stanford was beaten so severely that he lost feeling in the right side of his face and landed in the hospital looking like that? His lawyers say his brain was “injured” as a result, that he has a “major depressive disorder,” is addicted to anti-anxiety drugs and is “not competent to stand trial.” At least one doctor agrees, having testified that Stanford “is not able to work effectively, rationally, with his attorneys to develop a defense against the charges.” Assistant U.S. Attorney Gregg Costa, however, isn’t buying it. Read more »
gaming the system
- 06 Jan 2011 at 4:25 PM
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Sleep Where Ken Griffin (And The Soon-To-Be Ex-Mrs. Griffin) Hath Slept
- Christmas Comes Early At Casa De Falcone
- Opening Bell: 11.26.14
- Hedge Funds Great At Picking Absolutely The Worst Stocks This Year
- Area Man Underestimates Just How Much Steve Cohen Hates His Ex-Wife
- Restaurant Offering 35k Thanksgiving Dinner Just Saying Think About It
- Former JP Morgan Employee Trades "Root Of All Evil" Gig For Extreme Water Sports
- How Much Did Goldman Sachs Make For Losing Muammar Gaddafi $1.2 Billion?
- Coming Soon: Dealbreaker Dramatic Reading Night Part IV
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com