The once-proud firm, which could blithely charge three-and-50 with a dismissive shrug of the shoulders or a penetrating, “you’ve got a lot of fucking nerve to question me” glare, has suffered indignities ranging from a snub from Citigroup (Citigroup!) to begging and coughing up extra cash to hang on to employees to pleading with clients to stick with it through the hard times, even as it continues to post double-digit returns. Now, it’s having Japanese banks turn up their noses at a once-in-a-lifetime, too-good-to-be-true opportunity to get a little piece of the Big Guy’s pie. Read more »
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- If You Stand Perfectly Still, Dan Loeb Cannot See You: Sony Execs
- Buy Anything With The Word ‘Cuba’ In It
- Bonus Watch '14: Citigroup
- Janet Yellen Politely Asks Elizabeth Warren To Shove It
- Arizona State Now Has Multiple Business Schools To Choose From
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- Ex-Jefferies Exec Convicted Of Fraud Has Bone To Pick With The Guy Who Turned Him In
- Bill Ackman Just Can't Help Himself
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com