STAMFORD, Conn.– As federal prosecutors filed criminal charges against SAC Capital, it appeared to be business as usual outside the firm’s headquarters at a suburban office park about an hour northeast of New York City by train…Grace DeVito and her daughter Gaea were walking their dog Ivy and Maggie, a four-month-old German shepherd past SAC, as they do most mornings. DeVito, a 48-year-old portrait artist wearing a straw hat, said it appeared there were more security guards outside SAC than usual…“It’s usually quiet here except for the 8-to-9 and 4-to-6 traffic,” said DeVito, who said she lives nearby and wasn’t aware of the criminal indictment. “It’s a great place to walk around,” DeVito said, adding that she thinks SAC must have a nice cafeteria inside their headquarters, as she can smell good food wafting as she walks by in the morning. [WSJ]
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- If You Stand Perfectly Still, Dan Loeb Cannot See You: Sony Execs
- Arizona State Now Has Multiple Business Schools To Choose From
- Buy Anything With The Word ‘Cuba’ In It
- Bonus Watch '14: Citigroup
- Janet Yellen Politely Asks Elizabeth Warren To Shove It
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- Ex-Jefferies Exec Convicted Of Fraud Has Bone To Pick With The Guy Who Turned Him In
- Bill Ackman Just Can't Help Himself
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com