In June 2009, as you may remember, Kenneth Feinberg was knighted Compensation Cop and given the authority to get involved in the payouts made to executives of 7 firms that received taxpayer bailouts. They included the biggest fuck-ups, who’d it’s be really bad to see generously compensating their top employees, like Citigroup, Bank of America, AIG. Goldman Sachs was not one of the companies required to get Feinberg’s approval on packages, but with the sensation of what it felt like to be strung up by the balls fresh in his mind, Lloyd Blankfein thought it’d be prudent to give the Comp Cop a buzz anyway, in a move that may surprise those who were previously under the impression Goldman didn’t answer to anyone. Read more »
- 27 Nov 2013 at 1:30 PM
The holiday season is nigh and you still haven’t shopped. While you’re dreaming only of sugar plum fairies bearing fat bonuses, you don’t the time to mingle with the riff raff at some big box nightmare. Dealbreaker is here to help. Behold the 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide, chockfull of descriptors like “custom,” “gourmet,” “housecleaning,” and “DB swag.”
Click through to check out all of our gift choices for the hardcore capitalist in your life.
- Kenneth Feinberg Is Happy To Report Lloyd Blankfein Acted Like He Had To Care What The Government Thought When It Came To Executive Comp February 11, 2011
- In The Future, Hedge Fund Manager Will Definitely Think Twice Before Transferring £600k To Her Lover's Bank Account No Questions Asked December 4, 2013
- Cliff Asness Has A Lot Of Problems With You People December 3, 2013
- Michael Steinberg Wasn't Sure Steve Cohen Would Be Thrilled To Hear He Was Insider Trading, Needed To Work Out The Pros And Cons First December 3, 2013
- Gary Cohn Chooses Not To Say, "I ran into Jamie Dimon on the first night of Hannukkah and asked him what it was like to have a menorah shoved up his ass" In The Presence Of A Reporter December 3, 2013
- The 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide November 27, 2013
- Layoffs Watch '14: Investment Banking December 4, 2013
- Opening Bell: 12.04.13 December 4, 2013
- Local Moron Throws Some Numbers Around, Decides There's A One-In-10 Chance Obama Resigns Next Year December 4, 2013
- Charlie Gasparino Has An Idea December 3, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com