As you may have heard, earlier this week two JP Morgan employees, Javier Martin-Artajo and Julien Grout, were charged by federal prosecutors with conspiracy, wire fraud, and false filings, for “engaging in a scheme to falsify securities filings between march and May of 2012.” Both men were based in JP Morgan’s London office (as was the guy whose PnL they were allegedly falsifying, AKA the London Whale). Presently, both remain overseas, though Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bahara has urged them to “do the right thing” and surrender stateside. According to Grout’s lawyers, that’s not going to happen any time soon because 1) he is busy looking for a job and 2) he doesn’t consider himself a fugitive (and France has “no obligation under its extradition treaty with the U.S. to send him to New York). As for Martin-Artajo? As far as he knows, he’s yet to be given a valid reason why there’s anywhere he needs to be besides a beach sipping drinks with tiny umbrellas in them. Read more »
- 27 Nov 2013 at 1:30 PM
The holiday season is nigh and you still haven’t shopped. While you’re dreaming only of sugar plum fairies bearing fat bonuses, you don’t the time to mingle with the riff raff at some big box nightmare. Dealbreaker is here to help. Behold the 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide, chockfull of descriptors like “custom,” “gourmet,” “housecleaning,” and “DB swag.”
Click through to check out all of our gift choices for the hardcore capitalist in your life.
- If There's Some Reason Indicted JP Morgan Employee Should Cut Vacation Short, Fly To U.S., He Hasn't Heard It August 15, 2013
- Credit Suisse Employee Moonlights As Breakdancing National Champion December 6, 2013
- Charlie Gasparino's Gut Tells Him Trouble Is Brewing At Goldman Sachs, Though In Fairness That Could Just Be Last Night's Chinese December 6, 2013
- Applicant Formerly Interested In Wells Fargo Securities Analyst Program Has Epiphany November 25, 2013
- Marissa Mayer Is An Enigma, Wrapped In A Michael Kors Dress, Posing Upside Down On A Chaise Lounge December 5, 2013
- Things I Did Not Know About The CFA Exam November 28, 2011
- Advice For Anyone Else Planning To Take The CFA Exam For No Real Reason December 5, 2011
- Formerly Jailed Hedge Fund Manager Just Really Needs Everyone To Know That Lots And Lots Of People Like Him And Think He's Probably Not A Crook December 5, 2013
- Using Yiddish Word For Screwing Only One Of The Many Colorful Ways That Bernie Madoff Made Clear He Was Up To No Good December 6, 2013
- Financial Services Employee's Excel Spreadsheet Of Dating Prospects Allows For 18 Year-Olds, Has No Room For "Jappy" Girls April 16, 2012
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com