Greek god. Philosopher. Adonis. The only person on earth who has earned the right to have an opinion about anything. All appropriate characterizations of one Nassim Nicholas Taleb, and the way at least three-quarters of all living homo sapiens have described NNT in their conversations with friends and in their diaries. And while his many admirers have surely studied him in great detail in the hopes of one day having the opportunity to unlock his heart or simply bask in his reflected glory for a moment or two, not everyone has a comprehensive list of the things that rev Taleb’s engine and, more importantly, that tick him off. Luckily, a recent profile by Chronicle writer Tom Bartlett has produced a near-complete guide to the likes and dislikes of Nassim Nicholas Taleb. Read it, print it out, carry it in your pocket– but really, consider taking the time to commit it to memory. Your chance may only come along once and you don’t want to fuck it up by fumbling around your notes because you can’t remember what his thoughts are on “bourgeois bohemian bonus earners” or fruit. Read more »
- 21 Dec 2012 at 1:16 PM
- 27 Nov 2013 at 1:30 PM
The holiday season is nigh and you still haven’t shopped. While you’re dreaming only of sugar plum fairies bearing fat bonuses, you don’t the time to mingle with the riff raff at some big box nightmare. Dealbreaker is here to help. Behold the 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide, chockfull of descriptors like “custom,” “gourmet,” “housecleaning,” and “DB swag.”
Click through to check out all of our gift choices for the hardcore capitalist in your life.
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb's Got Bad News For His Legions Of Soccer Mom Fans December 21, 2012
- In The Future, Hedge Fund Manager Will Definitely Think Twice Before Transferring £600k To Her Lover's Bank Account No Questions Asked December 4, 2013
- Layoffs Watch '14: Investment Banking December 4, 2013
- Bill Ackman Actually Pretty Good At Running A Hedge Fund December 4, 2013
- Local Moron Throws Some Numbers Around, Decides There's A One-In-10 Chance Obama Resigns Next Year December 4, 2013
- Opening Bell: 12.05.13 December 5, 2013
- The 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide November 27, 2013
- SAC PM Accused Of Insider Trading Didn't Have Time For A Customary "How Are You? How's Your Mother?": Goverment Witness December 4, 2013
- Goldman Sachs Is Thinking That Goldman Sachs Is A Pretty Good-Looking Bet In 2014 December 4, 2013
- Goldman Sachs Suggests London Consider A World Without Goldman Sachs December 4, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com