The diet shake and supplement company CFO is pretty sure the Herbalife name will be cleared. Read more »
For more than a year, Herbalife’s biggest booster got his kicks kicking Bill Ackman while he was down, gleefully touting how he had been proven right about the world’s favorite diet shakes time and time again, while the Pershing Square founder had been proven the opposite, also over and over again. But at the beginning of the year, it occurred to Tim Ramey that repeatedly sticking his finger in Bill Ackman’s eye is really no way to live, and that he should try to do something constructive with his life, like corporate consulting.
But as he’s watched Ackman’s hopes get up and then dashed once again, Tim realized it is foolish to deny one’s passions. And so while he’s keeping his office over at Post Holdings, he’s ready to publicly sing the praises of his favorite multi-level marketing company once again, giddily predicting just how much more money Ackman is going to lose. Read more »
Jordan Peixoto, friend/insider trading bud of worst roommate ever Filip Szymik, is ready to argue that the SEC’s administrative proceedings against him for insider trading, in Herbalife, are a violation of all of the U.S. Constitutional rights he learned about in Canadian civics classes. Read more »
10. Leaves dishes in the sink.
9. Fills DVR with Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and “Save All Episodes” option
8. Brings back strange men he/she met on the corner 5 minutes earlier.
7. Is late with the rent.
6. Eats your food.
5. Leaves Post-it notes on the bathroom mirror that read “Should I deduct $0.75 from your portion of the rent for the shampoo you used this morning?”
4. Repeatedly asks you if your girlfriend is single.
3. Invites the cast of Stomp over for a nightcap when you’ve got a big presentation in the morning.
2. Tells your mother she looks great and asks if she’s had work done since she last visited.
1. Trades on material non-public information you mentioned in passing and in confidence. Read more »
The last two years were just a warm-up. Read more »
Remember, last week, when Bill Ackman gave a presentation about Herbalife, the company he is shorting? And the day prior, went on CNBC to announce the event, telling viewers they would learn “why Herbalife is going to collapse”? And described the presentation as “the most important” one of his career? And back at Pershing Square, told his advisors “fuck the webcast, I want to look into people’s eyes,” upgrading the talk to a live show at the AXA building in midtown? And made the case that, despite having spent hundreds of hours publicly excoriating Herbalife already, this was the event that people needed to see? And noted that he was “raising expectations” but “would not disappoint”? He realizes now it’s possible he should’ve dialed down the enthusiasm just a bit. Read more »
The day the Feds start listening to Ackman and shut down Herbalife will surely take the cake, but until then, this will have to do: Read more »