Yesterday afternoon, Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes shut down High Class NY, serving 17 people involved in the “high-end escort service” with indictments. According to Hynes, the Sheepshead Bay-based business was patronized largely by customers “from the financial markets, many of them hedge fund people, with nothing but money, willing to pay enormous amounts for God knows what,” from girls of every ethnicity but Irish. The bust, one would assume, ruined the days of every investor and financial services hack who relied on HCNY when they were looking to drop $3,600/hour on some high class loving. Today, we discovered yet more bad news- not only did Hynes ruin some of your colleagues’ afternoons, but their upcoming holidays as well. Read more »
High Class New York
- 21 Jul 2011 at 4:30 PM
- 20 Jul 2011 at 4:03 PM
Unfortunate news for those who’ve been patronizing High Class NY: the “high-end” escort serviced based in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn has been shut down by the Feds, who today indicted 17 people involved in the business. For those of you not intimately familiar with HCNY, it was a family affair run by husband and wife Mikhail and Bronislava Yampolsky and their sons, Alexander and Jonathan. According to Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes, customers “came from the financial markets, many of them hedge fund people, with nothing but money, willing to pay enormous amounts for God knows what.” Prices ranged from $400 to $3,600 per hour, and girls of every stripe were available, though, Hynes noted somewhat smugly, no Irish girls sullied their family names by getting involved (“There were full-service options [of women]. There were Europeans, Americans, Australians and people of all races,” Hynes said. “No one Irish.”) When customers wanted to add cocaine or other paraphernalia to their order, they’d use code phrases like “I’d like a bottle of Champagne” and fork over an extra $170. What’d the guy who dropped $170,000 receive in exchange? Hynes doesn’t even want to know.
Read more »
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Bonus Watch '14: US Bankers
- Opening Bell: 10.29.14
- October Not The Best Of Times For Hedge Funds
- Get Cliff Asness A Job On Madison Avenue
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com