Dish Network Chairman Charlie Ergen was so sure that the debt of a bankrupt wireless Internet venture was the investment of the century that he staked his daughter’s future on it, without telling her or his wife. It definitely had nothing to do with that bankrupt venture’s owning some electromagnetic spectrum that Dish coveted, and if Ergen had Dish’s treasurer make the trades on his behalf, well, that’s just an unfortunate coincidence.
- Charlie Ergen's "Wife And...Daughter May Be Mad" January 10, 2014
- Metro North Rider Follows The 150 Second Rule July 29, 2014
- Morgan Stanley Has A Treat For Senior Junior Bankers July 29, 2014
- Let's Talk About: CFA Results July 29, 2014
- Wall Street Realizing That Argentina May Be Just As Irrational As It Seems July 29, 2014
- The Sky May Actually Be Falling July 29, 2014
- Local Man Wants Credit (And More) For Almost Selling Most Expensive House In U.S. History July 29, 2014
- UBS, Deutsche Bank Could Really Do Without All These Probes-Into-Possibly-Shady-Business Announcements July 29, 2014
- Ex-Harbinger COO Settles With SEC For Hitching Wagon To Falcone-Shaped Star July 29, 2014
- 07/28/14: The Greatest Day Of Bill Ackman's Life Thus Far July 28, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com