Sleeping with prostitutes is legal in France if the girls are over 18 but some warn Mr Strauss-Kahn could face charges if the case expands to cover graft or procuring. The 10 French or Belgian women to whom police traced calls to Mr Strauss-Kahn, all claim to have had paid sex with him while he was IMF chief right up to his arrest last May on charges he tried to rape a New York hotel chambermaid. But in an intriguing line of defence, Mr Strauss-Kahn’s lawyer Henri Leclerc said his client could have been “totally unaware” that the women he met in swinger sessions were prostitutes. “At these parties, people were not necessarily dressed, and I defy you to tell the difference between a naked prostitute and any other naked woman,” he said. [Telegraph]
- 12 Jan 2012 at 2:46 PM
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Bonus Watch '14: Congrats On Being An Investment Banker
- Bonus Expectations Got You Down? Boss Riding Your Ass? Quit And Support Yourself Via Fantasy Football
- Former JP Morgan Employee Trades "Root Of All Evil" Gig For Extreme Water Sports
- Bill Gross Reacts To George Soros's $500 Million Investment Like He's Been Awarded The Presidential Medal Of Freedom
- Mathew Martoma Is In Miami
- Caption Contest Monday: Charlie Gasparino Holds Court
- Steve Cohen Continues To Rid Firm Of Incentives For Employees To...Y'Know...
- Deal Judge: We're Going To Need A New Master of Coin
- David Rubenstein Will Have Warren Buffett Know He's Not A Porn Shop Operator
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com