Sleeping with prostitutes is legal in France if the girls are over 18 but some warn Mr Strauss-Kahn could face charges if the case expands to cover graft or procuring. The 10 French or Belgian women to whom police traced calls to Mr Strauss-Kahn, all claim to have had paid sex with him while he was IMF chief right up to his arrest last May on charges he tried to rape a New York hotel chambermaid. But in an intriguing line of defence, Mr Strauss-Kahn’s lawyer Henri Leclerc said his client could have been “totally unaware” that the women he met in swinger sessions were prostitutes. “At these parties, people were not necessarily dressed, and I defy you to tell the difference between a naked prostitute and any other naked woman,” he said. [Telegraph]
- 12 Jan 2012 at 2:46 PM
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Arizona State Now Has Multiple Business Schools To Choose From
- Ex-Jefferies Exec Convicted Of Fraud Has Bone To Pick With The Guy Who Turned Him In
- Banks Still Pretty Pissed Off Their Shady Mortgage Dealings Came So Expensively To Light
- Point72 Asset Management Now Has A Unit Called "Creating Rubric Capital"
- Bonus Watch '14: Financial Services Employees Across The Pond Like Their Odds
- Ruble’s Historic Freefall, Russian Economic Collapse Not Fazing Vladimir Putin
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- Opening Bell: 12.22.14
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com