My point about pigskin offense and defense is the perfect metaphor for the world of investing as well. Offensively minded risk takers in the markets have historically been the ones who have dominated the headlines and won the hearts of that beautiful gal (or handsome guy). Aside from the rare examples of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates, however, the secret to getting rich since the early 1980s has been to borrow someone else’s money, throw some Hail Mary passes and spike the ball in the end zone as if you had some particular genius that deserved monetary rewards 210 times more than a Doctor, Lawyer or an Indian Chief. Nah, I take that back about the Indian Chief. The Chiefs, at least, have done pretty well with casinos these past few decades. [PIMCO Investment Outlook]
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Sleep Where Ken Griffin (And The Soon-To-Be Ex-Mrs. Griffin) Hath Slept
- Christmas Comes Early At Casa De Falcone
- Opening Bell: 11.26.14
- Area Man Underestimates Just How Much Steve Cohen Hates His Ex-Wife
- Hedge Funds Great At Picking Absolutely The Worst Stocks This Year
- Restaurant Offering 35k Thanksgiving Dinner Just Saying Think About It
- Former JP Morgan Employee Trades "Root Of All Evil" Gig For Extreme Water Sports
- How Much Did Goldman Sachs Make For Losing Muammar Gaddafi $1.2 Billion?
- Coming Soon: Dealbreaker Dramatic Reading Night Part IV
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com