Earlier this week, the NFA met to discuss the possibility of a lifetime ban of Jon Corzine from the futures industry. Two directors in particular– John Roe and James Koutoulas– wanted him out and wanted him out bad. Guy thought he could take down a once proud brokerage firm for yuks and then get off scot free? He had another thing coming, Roe and Koutoulas probably said to each other while putting the finishing touches on a press release they planned to send out announcing the news, in addition to skywriting plane they put a deposit on to spell out “Hit the bricks, pal,” over Corzine’s house. Unfortunately, the duo will most likely lose their $150 and most definitely have to save the party hats they sent others to pick up for another time. It seems in their excitement to tell JSC that he was “finished here,” Roe and Koutalas failed to make sure he was actually a member of their organization. Read more »
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly Taking A Timeout From Investment Banking
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Money Manager Holding Credit Suisse's Funds Hostage Elevates The Whole "I'm 5 Minutes Away!" Text When You Haven't Yet Left Your Apartment To A New Level
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Things Could Be Worse But They Could Also Be Better At Jefferies Right Now
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Opening Bell: 10.30.14
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com