Joey Ramone wasn’t just a punk when it came to his finances. Fox Business Network’s Maria Bartiromo revealed Wednesday that the late rocker was also a savvy stock picker. “[Joey] used to e-mail me all the time saying, ‘Maria, what do you think about AOL? What do you think about Amazon?’ ” Bartiromo told Shepard Smith. But, “I didn’t realize it was the real Joey Ramone . . . I was answering him back . . . giving him my take on things, and he called me one day and said, ‘I want you to come down to CBGB’s, I wrote a song about you.’ I said, ‘What, Joey? I have to get up tomorrow morning at 4 a.m.! I can’t be at CBGB’s at midnight.” Ramone’s 2002 ode included the lyrics, “What’s happening on ‘Squawk Box?’ What’s happening with my stocks?” Bartiromo said, “I’m so mad I didn’t go that night because when he sent me the video . . . singing that song . . . most people don’t know what a savvy investor Joey was. He knew what he was doing.” [NYP]
- Every Sexual Harassment Allegation Against Fired Female HSBC Exec Is Worse Than The Last
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Ken Griffin Introduces The Concept Of His Divorce Voice
- If You've Got Train Fare, UBS Has Got An Exciting Opportunity In Stamford For You
- George Soros's Daughter-In-Law Wants To See The Part Of The Pre-Nup Where She Isn't Entitled To Every Last Cent
- Goldman Sachs: Sex Discrimination Practices At The Bank Are A Lot More Nuanced Than Ex-Employees Are Making Them Out To Be
- Opening Bell: 10.23.14
- Steve Cohen Getting Ready To Celebrate 5th Anniversary Of Being Sued By Ex-Wife
- Opening Bell: 10.24.14
- Bill Ackman Is Onto You!
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com