Joey Ramone wasn’t just a punk when it came to his finances. Fox Business Network’s Maria Bartiromo revealed Wednesday that the late rocker was also a savvy stock picker. “[Joey] used to e-mail me all the time saying, ‘Maria, what do you think about AOL? What do you think about Amazon?’ ” Bartiromo told Shepard Smith. But, “I didn’t realize it was the real Joey Ramone . . . I was answering him back . . . giving him my take on things, and he called me one day and said, ‘I want you to come down to CBGB’s, I wrote a song about you.’ I said, ‘What, Joey? I have to get up tomorrow morning at 4 a.m.! I can’t be at CBGB’s at midnight.” Ramone’s 2002 ode included the lyrics, “What’s happening on ‘Squawk Box?’ What’s happening with my stocks?” Bartiromo said, “I’m so mad I didn’t go that night because when he sent me the video . . . singing that song . . . most people don’t know what a savvy investor Joey was. He knew what he was doing.” [NYP]
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly Taking A Timeout From Investment Banking
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Money Manager Holding Credit Suisse's Funds Hostage Elevates The Whole "I'm 5 Minutes Away!" Text When You Haven't Yet Left Your Apartment To A New Level
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Opening Bell: 10.30.14
- Things Could Be Worse But They Could Also Be Better At Jefferies Right Now
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com