Beverly Loan Company is a high-end pawn shop three floors above the Bank of America branch on Santa Monica Boulevard. CEO Jordan Tabach-Bank’s grandfather started the company 75 years ago. “The amount that we have loaned out on the street is up about 10 percent from last year,” Tabach-Bank said. “We’re seeing more and more white collar customers bringing in large diamonds.” Tabach-Bank refered to one hesitant client who needed to cover year-end bonuses for his employees. “He needed a quick infusion of cash, he had some outstanding receivables. He came in here, received a collateral loan, and he was able to pay out his bonuses, but he was a bit tentative.” [CNBC]
- 27 Nov 2013 at 1:30 PM
The holiday season is nigh and you still haven’t shopped. While you’re dreaming only of sugar plum fairies bearing fat bonuses, you don’t the time to mingle with the riff raff at some big box nightmare. Dealbreaker is here to help. Behold the 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide, chockfull of descriptors like “custom,” “gourmet,” “housecleaning,” and “DB swag.”
Click through to check out all of our gift choices for the hardcore capitalist in your life.
- Bonus Watch '13: Beverly Hills Pawnshop Owner Is Here To Make Sure You Get Paid January 11, 2013
- Are You A First-Year Analyst But Want To Look Like You're Punching Above Your Weight? December 9, 2013
- No.2 At Noted Boiler Room Not Just A Lowlife On The Job December 10, 2013
- Guy Who Worked In Notorious Boiler Room Where He Was Urged By Boss To Slit His Throat Has Already Fandangoed His Tickets To The Movie December 9, 2013
- Opening Bell: 12.09.13 December 10, 2013
- New HLF Product: The Tables Have Turned December 9, 2013
- Bernie Madoff Has Regrets December 9, 2013
- Bob Diamond Goes Where He's Pretty Sure No One's Ever Heard Of Him December 9, 2013
- The 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide November 27, 2013
- Write-Offs: 12.09.13 December 9, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com