Marijuana sales are spreading across the nation thanks to the growing legalization of the drug. Now a new financial firm, KindBanking, wants to be the financial backbone for the hemp and cannabis industry. “Think of us as the GE Capital of this under-served, but potential multi-billion dollar industry,” said KindBanking’s founder and CEO David Dinenberg…KindBanking, which launched in April, already has nearly a dozen deals, and is talking to start-ups in the U.S. and around the world, including Amsterdam and Panama. The West Hollywood firm provides equity financing in states that allow pot, plus alternative capital like debt, convertible debt and other venture capital or angel investments. In return, KindBanking becomes a partner and owns a portion of the company. “We’re doing deals for dispensaries, growers, equipment companies, edible products makers, even a weed-based online news network” Dinenberg said. [CNBC]
- 28 Aug 2014 at 8:00 AM
Football is back, and 1-week fantasy juggernaut DraftKings.com is offering a guaranteed $5,000,000 in prizes.
DraftKings has a special offer for Dealbreaker readers—make a first time deposit and get free entry into a $100,000 contest.
Or if you’re a high roller, you can pay $200 to compete for $1,000,000 in prizes in the NFL Sunday Million contest.
So what is 1-week fantasy? On DraftKings, it’s simple. You draft a new team every time you want to play. Choosing from the list of available players, you pick the best possible team under DraftKings’ allotted salary cap. Payouts are instant and completely secure, and DraftKings is 100% legal.
Click on any of the links in this article to claim your free entry into the DraftKings $100,000 Week 1 contest.
- Finance Firm Seeks To Be "The GE Capital Of [Pot]" July 3, 2014
- Credit Suisse Investigation Into Husband/Wife Leak Raises More Questions Than It Answers September 2, 2014
- Boone Pickens Basically A Porn Star: 5th Wife September 2, 2014
- OH NO HE DI'INT: Ken Griffin Divorce Edition September 2, 2014
- Angelo Mozilo Has No Idea Why People Still Want To Talk About Countrywide, He's Yet To Be Inducted Into The CEO Hall Of Fame September 2, 2014
- Allowance Watch '14: Citigroup September 2, 2014
- One Unidentified Compliance Staffer Had A Hell Of A Labor Day Weekend On The SEC September 2, 2014
- Opening Bell: 09.02.2014 September 2, 2014
- Every Second Of Jefferies CEO's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Better Than The Last August 27, 2014
- World Cup Offers Final Kick In Pants For Brazilians September 2, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com