Marijuana sales are spreading across the nation thanks to the growing legalization of the drug. Now a new financial firm, KindBanking, wants to be the financial backbone for the hemp and cannabis industry. “Think of us as the GE Capital of this under-served, but potential multi-billion dollar industry,” said KindBanking’s founder and CEO David Dinenberg…KindBanking, which launched in April, already has nearly a dozen deals, and is talking to start-ups in the U.S. and around the world, including Amsterdam and Panama. The West Hollywood firm provides equity financing in states that allow pot, plus alternative capital like debt, convertible debt and other venture capital or angel investments. In return, KindBanking becomes a partner and owns a portion of the company. “We’re doing deals for dispensaries, growers, equipment companies, edible products makers, even a weed-based online news network” Dinenberg said. [CNBC]
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- Arizona State Now Has Multiple Business Schools To Choose From
- Ex-Jefferies Exec Convicted Of Fraud Has Bone To Pick With The Guy Who Turned Him In
- Ruble’s Historic Freefall, Russian Economic Collapse Not Fazing Vladimir Putin
- Dealbreaker Dramatic Reading Night Returns Wednesday
- If You Stand Perfectly Still, Dan Loeb Cannot See You: Sony Execs
- JOBS Act Helps Hedge Fund Raise Money Through Widespread Advertising
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- Bonus Watch '14: Citigroup
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com