Another day, another crisis in the credit markets. KKR Financial, which is a publicly traded investment vehicle run by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, made headlines this morning when it asked for a restructuring of billions of dollars in short-term debt. Apparently they’ve struck a bargain with their investors to delay the repayment of the debt, which was due last Friday, until March. But reading about the story of KKR Financial is like watching the credit crunch in action.
- How Did KKR Financial Become A Buyout Loan SIV? February 20, 2008
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed September 17, 2014
- Man Posting Photos Of Near-Naked Women To Instagram Amazingly Has Lots Of Followers September 17, 2014
- Sex, Shoe Bonuses For Interns NBD At UBS (Update) September 15, 2014
- Peter Thiel Will Not Be Opening A South Indian Restaurant In Silicon Valley September 17, 2014
- Layoffs Watch '14: Bank of America September 16, 2014
- Peter Thiel Having Trouble Forming An Opinion On Twitter September 17, 2014
- Goldman Sachs: Teacher’s Pet September 16, 2014
- Opening Bell: 09.17.14 September 17, 2014
- Brian Hunter Still Has $750K To His Name September 16, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com