It’s getting to be a struggle to be amused by Libor manipulation chats. RBS took its lumps today, and the CFTC and FSA orders are full of quotes, and you can read them in various round-ups, but, meh. Even Bart Chilton is bored; today’s imagery (“sends a signal to those who would monkey around with benchmark rates … much more than a slap on the wrist …”) is a letdown after his UBS masterpiece (“Financial sector violations are hurtling toward us like a spaceship moving through the stars”) just a few weeks ago. I get it! Everyone manipulated Libor! In writing! And then they were like “heh, fukin awexome man, u manipluated libor, gud work, i sexx u now, w champain.” Fabulous.1
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Pay Hike Watch ’14: UBS Junior Bankers Are Not Happy
- Bill Gross Reacts To George Soros's $500 Million Investment Like He's Been Awarded The Presidential Medal Of Freedom
- Schwab Broker Was One Stop Shop For (Stolen) Office Supplies, Oxycodone
- Opening Bell: 11.20.14
- Goldman Sachs Is Smart
- Bonus Watch '14: Congrats On Being An Investment Banker
- Pay Hike Watch '14: Citi Junior Bankers' Patience Wearing Thin
- Two and a Half Men Star/Venture Capitalist Was Just Kidding About Liking The Idea Of Investigating Journalists
- Phil Falcone Isn’t Through With Charlie Ergen Yet!
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com