Mike Tyson has sued SFX Financial Advisory Management Enterprises, saying that one of its advisors embezzled more than $300,000 from him and cost him millions of dollars in potential future earnings. The lawsuit claims that although SFX has returned some of the money, it is still well short of returning what it embezzled. Tyson is seeking more than $5 million in damages, claiming breach of fiduciary duty, negligent hiring, unjust enrichment and other charges. “Defendants did not secure, protect, safeguard and appropriately apply the Tysons’ finances for their intended purposes,” the former boxer’s lawsuit states, “but instead misappropriated said funds for the benefit and enrichment of SFX/Live Nation.” SFX Financial Advisory Management Enterprises is owned by Live Nation. Live Nation Entertainment Inc. told the Associated Press that it had not yet been served with the lawsuit and thus could not comment on it. [LA Times]
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly Taking A Timeout From Investment Banking
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Money Manager Holding Credit Suisse's Funds Hostage Elevates The Whole "I'm 5 Minutes Away!" Text When You Haven't Yet Left Your Apartment To A New Level
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Things Could Be Worse But They Could Also Be Better At Jefferies Right Now
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Lets Analysts Deal With His 28k Strip Club Tabs
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com