The ex-wife of hedge fund honcho Steve Cohen is turning up the heat in her bitter legal battle with her former husband. Patricia Cohen is talking with trial lawyers about taking on her case after a New York appeals court revived her lawsuit accusing her ex of cheating her out of millions during their divorce more than two decades ago, The Post has learned. No decisions have been made, but she is “evaluating how to go forward,” said a person close to the case…It’s unclear whether Patricia’s current lawyer, Howard Foster, who specializes in racketeering laws, will remain on the case if a trial lawyer is hired. He was given the option to stay on, a source said. Foster is Patricia’s third lawyer since she first kicked off the case in 2009. [NYP, related]
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Jefferies Exec (Allegedly!) Held An Offsite "Mushrooms Day"
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Guy Whose Quitting Pimco Totally Had Nothing To Do With Bill Gross Treating Him Like Crap Now Back At Pimco
- Bonus Watch '14: US Bankers
- Opening Bell: 10.29.14
- October Not The Best Of Times For Hedge Funds
- Get Cliff Asness A Job On Madison Avenue
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com