BusinessWeek: Do you handle the sales [at MD Helicopters, which Tilton took over in 2005]? Tilton: I deliver a lot of helicopters. I delivered the helicopter to the president of Costa Rica. I will do a big ceremony for the prime minister of Kurdistan. I have met with the king of Jordan multiple times. BusinessWeek: […]
As many of you know, in 1988, Lynn Tilton distributed holiday cards whose theme can best be described as “Dominatrix Santa” to her ten best clients. Tilton has explained her rationale for doing so in the past (“For many years I had men asking me on the phone each day what I was wearing and […]
“There are three universal lies: Margins are weak, but we’ll make it up in volume; the check’s in the mail; and I won’t come in your mouth” is really a thing that Partiarch Partners founder and CEO Lynn Tilton says, but “we’ll double down and make up all our losses” probably deserves a spot on […]
Unhappy in your current position and desperate to make a move? Completely content but looking for opportunities for professional growth? Today’s your lucky day. Patriarch Partners founder and CEO Lynn Tilton, she of Christmas card, jello shots, whipped cream off her breasts, and “I won’t come in your mouth” fame is looking for a personal assistant.
Want to learn the private equity business from one of the most successful female business owners in the country? If so, Patriarch Partners may be just the ticket. Yale and Columbia Business School Graduate, Lynn Tilton owns the largest woman-owned business in the country and is seeking an Executive Assistant to work by her side as she endeavors to save American jobs by rescuing and turning around iconic American companies. Her current portfolio consists of 75 companies representing more than $8 billion of revenues including MD Helicopters, Rand McNally, Dura Automotive, Spiegel Catalogs and Stila Cosmetics.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manage Ms. Tilton’s business and personal life in the manner of a
Congressional/Senatorial Chief of Staff
• Liaise with the portfolio company executives
• Manage Ms. Tilton’s travel and be available to travel at a moment’s notice
• Provide briefs on all meetings and handle follow-up from high level meetings
• Work closely with finance, credit, human resources and communications departments to make certain Ms. Tilton is knowledgeable at all times about the state of business at the holding company level
• Meet and greet all clients, guests and visitors in a warm & friendly manner
• Travel with Ms. Tilton and top executives making certain all meetings and activities run smoothly, efficiently and effectively
• Have working knowledge of all companies in Patriarch’s portfolio
• Be able to manage real estate properties owned by Ms. Tilton
• Provide back-up support to the Executive Assistant when necessary; run personal errands, personal shopping, and coordinate/interact with
household staff and vendors
• Manage daily health and well being of Ms. Tilton
• Maintain discretion with confidential information and documents at all times
• Bachelors Degree from top 10 college
• Have a hands on, no job too big, no job too small sensibility
• Intelligent, warm and friendly personality with a positive attitude
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
• High energy personality and healthy lifestyle belief system
• Extremely organized and proactive with impeccable attention to detail
• Professional appearance, polished and thick skinned
• Ability to stay calm under pressure
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative
environment, flexible and adaptable to change
• Strong work ethic, self-directed with ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Forward thinking always anticipating the needs and desires of Ms. Tilton
• A sense of humor
• Consummate computer skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
• A “do whatever it takes” mentality
Related: This Is A Story About Lynn Tilton’s Employees Doing Jello Shots Off Her Rack
Lynn Tilton Accused Of Physically, Verbally Assaulting Employees, ‘Barely Restraining’ Her Breasts
Lynn Tilton: “There are three universal lies: Margins are weak, but we’ll make it up in volume; the check’s in the mail; and I won’t come in your mouth.”
“For many years I had men asking me on the phone each day what I was wearing and what color my underwear was,” Tilton said. “And so I sent out a Christmas card with me in a red lace sort of teddy, and red cowboy boots and a Santa hat, wishing them a Merry Christmas.” […]
What do we know about Lynn Tilton? She runs the $8 billion private equity firm Patriarch Partners, and prior to that worked on Wall Street with a slightly lower profile with gigs at Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch and Amroc. She sports 5-inch heels to “look sufficiently fierce to make sure I garner the respect I […]
You’re asked to take part in one team building exercise involving licking whipped cream off the boss’s breasts and all of a sudden you can’t have sex for months.
Yesterday Forbes published an article that discussed Patriarch Partners founder Lynn Tilton (allegedly) telling an employee “You expect me to believe that, like I’m going to believe you’re not going to cum in my mouth,” among other anecdotes. Today Tilton has responded on her company website.
In a lawsuit filed by a former employee Andre Wrobel, Patriarch Partners founder Lynn Tilton was accused of having a slightly unorthodox management style around the office. Before we get to the allegations (which Tilton’s attorney described as “scandalous” and “irrelevant”), we’re going to take a little quiz, aimed at business owners and those in leadership […]
Talk to former employees, and you sometimes get a very a different story. They speak in whispers of a “terrifying” and “evil” boss, given to eruptions of rage, who exploits her femininity to throw off men, who threw herself a 50th birthday party where staffers did jello shots off her stomach and chest. [Forbes]
Subject: Dust to Diamonds event, Patriarch Partners March 17 //To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.//The Sanford C. Bernstein Student Leadership and Ethics Board presents: Dust to Diamonds- Lynn Tilton, CEO and Principal of Patriarch Partners, LLC.
Lynn Tilton, whose office at the $8 billion Patriarch Partners is decorated with whips, handcuffs, and a portrait of her “stretched across the hood of a black Mercedes,” sports five-inch stilettos on the job should she need to stick something up someone’s ass, only “strips and flips men, not companies,” and once sent a Christmas […]
In a recent profile with the Journal, wherein Patriarch Partners founder and CEO Lynn Tilton clarifies that she “only strips and flips men,” not companies, we’re given a rare glimpse into the private equity chief’s office, described as such: The walls are filled with whips and handcuffs sent to her by friends, Hashemite daggers given […]
Distressed debt investor Lynn Tilton recently participated in a podcast for NPR. Early in the interview she was asked “What are you wearing?” to which the Patriarch Partners founder responded, “A Cavalli top, a Versace belt, a Gucci skirt and Prada boots– 4 inches. I need to look sufficiently fierce to make sure I garner […]