Mitch Modell stands accused of being a sneaky sneaker salesman. The CEO of the Big Apple-based Modell’s chain has been sued by big-box rival Dick’s Sporting Goods, which charges that Modell impersonated a Dick’s exec earlier this month as he spied on a store in Princeton, NJ. Modell, who once appeared on the reality-TV show “Undercover Boss,” claimed to be a Dick’s senior vice president as he persuaded employees to give him access to the backroom of the store and grilled them about the business, the suit alleges…In 2012, Modell shaved his head and wore a walrus mustache for his appearance on “Undercover Boss,” posing as “Joey Glick,” a warehouse worker at one of his own company’s facilities. Modell said it was “not prepared to offer any comment at this time.” [...] Accusing Modell of civil conspiracy and trespassing, Dick’s is seeking a judge’s order to bar him and his workers from posing as employees and entering nonpublic areas of Dick’s stores. [NYP]
- 03 Mar 2014 at 1:07 PM
If Posing As A Dick’s Sporting Goods Executive And Sneaking Into Rival’s Stockroom To Poke Around Is Wrong, Modell’s CEO Doesn’t Wanna Be RightBy Bess Levin
- 28 Aug 2014 at 8:00 AM
Football is back, and 1-week fantasy juggernaut DraftKings.com is offering a guaranteed $5,000,000 in prizes.
DraftKings has a special offer for Dealbreaker readers—make a first time deposit and get free entry into a $100,000 contest.
Or if you’re a high roller, you can pay $200 to compete for $1,000,000 in prizes in the NFL Sunday Million contest.
So what is 1-week fantasy? On DraftKings, it’s simple. You draft a new team every time you want to play. Choosing from the list of available players, you pick the best possible team under DraftKings’ allotted salary cap. Payouts are instant and completely secure, and DraftKings is 100% legal.
Click on any of the links in this article to claim your free entry into the DraftKings $100,000 Week 1 contest.
- If Posing As A Dick's Sporting Goods Executive And Sneaking Into Rival's Stockroom To Poke Around Is Wrong, Modell's CEO Doesn't Wanna Be Right March 3, 2014
- Swiss Bankers Suddenly Bashful About Listing "Sparkling Water," "Hooker For Client" On Expense Reports August 29, 2014
- Every Second Of Jefferies CEO's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Better Than The Last August 27, 2014
- Kyle Bass Not Entirely Thrilled With Paul Singer At The Moment August 28, 2014
- Horror In The Hamptons: Rosé Shortage Edition August 27, 2014
- You Now Have Two Ways To Evaluate Mortgage-Backed Securities August 29, 2014
- Get Ready To Hear "I'll Have My Assistant Make A Reservation At Denny's" A Lot More Often August 29, 2014
- Write-Offs: 08.29.14 August 29, 2014
- If Chris Rokos Isn’t Allowed To Lose $383 Million At Brevan Howard, He Should Damn Well Be Allowed To Lose It Somewhere Else! August 27, 2014
- New Investment Vehicle Offers Promising Returns, High-Risk Of Saying "Screw It, I'm Drinking This" August 28, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com