“NEW YORK, March 7, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Icahn Enterprises L.P. (Nasdaq:IEP) today issued the following statement: On April 2, 2013, the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) issued a report in which it provided guidance to issuers regarding the use of social media to disclose material non−public information. Our Chairman, Carl C. Icahn, intends to use Facebook, as well as the web site www.shareholderssquaretable.com (and communications to its members) and Twitter, from time to time to communicate with the public about our company and other issues. Mr. Icahn’s Facebook page is located at www.facebook.com/carlicahn. It is possible that the information that Mr. Icahn posts on Facebook, through the Shareholders’ Square Table website and to its members, and on Twitter, could be deemed to be material information. Therefore, in light of the SEC’s guidance, we encourage investors, the media, and others interested in our company to review the information that Mr. Icahn posts on Facebook, that he provides on the Shareholders’ Square Table website and to its members, and that he posts on Twitter, in addition to the information that we disclose using our investor relations website, SEC filings, press releases, public conference calls and webcasts.”
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- Buy Anything With The Word ‘Cuba’ In It
- If You Stand Perfectly Still, Dan Loeb Cannot See You: Sony Execs
- Bonus Watch '14: Citigroup
- Janet Yellen Politely Asks Elizabeth Warren To Shove It
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- Hedge Fund Manager's Ex-Wife Has Thought It Over, Is Fine With $531 Million Settlement
- Bill Ackman Just Can't Help Himself
- Sage Kelly Bids Jefferies Adieu
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com