If you’re a more or less regular consumer of efficient markets hypothesis Kool-Aid then a fun activity is to handicap the probability of various public policy things based on market reaction.* So for instance Obama’s budget is going to reduce the tax deductibility of munis! And the muni market didn’t care! So, no, Obama is not going to reduce the tax deductibility of munis. You heard it here first, or last, or whatever. (Exercise for the reader: is Obama going to raise the tax rate on dividends?)
- Every Sexual Harassment Allegation Against Fired Female HSBC Exec Is Worse Than The Last
- Ken Griffin Introduces The Concept Of His Divorce Voice
- If You've Got Train Fare, UBS Has Got An Exciting Opportunity In Stamford For You
- George Soros's Daughter-In-Law Wants To See The Part Of The Pre-Nup Where She Isn't Entitled To Every Last Cent
- Opening Bell: 10.23.14
- Goldman Sachs: Sex Discrimination Practices At The Bank Are A Lot More Nuanced Than Ex-Employees Are Making Them Out To Be
- Steve Cohen Getting Ready To Celebrate 5th Anniversary Of Being Sued By Ex-Wife
- World's Greatest (Ex-) Banker Daughter Ties The Knot
- Area CEO Loves Listening To Dan Loeb Tell Him How Much He Sucks, Can't Wait For More Where That Came From
- Bill Ackman Is Onto You!
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com