Back in August, a man wearing a “fedora-style hat and sunglasses” walked into the People’s United bank at 410 Greenwich Avenue, suggested he had a weapon, and “fled with an undisclosed amount of cash.” The event was probably extremely traumatic for the employees and customers present, and not a fun thing for the bank to have to deal with. More importantly, though? The hour-long suspension of the New Haven train line while police hunted for the suspect really inconvenienced commuters, who had better things to do (clean out their DVRs) than stand around with their thumbs up their ass. So annoyed were they by the hold up that it wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility to assume someone might perform a citizen’s arrest using excessive force on Mr. Fedora, who is apparently back in town. Read more »
- 27 Nov 2013 at 1:30 PM
The holiday season is nigh and you still haven’t shopped. While you’re dreaming only of sugar plum fairies bearing fat bonuses, you don’t the time to mingle with the riff raff at some big box nightmare. Dealbreaker is here to help. Behold the 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide, chockfull of descriptors like “custom,” “gourmet,” “housecleaning,” and “DB swag.”
Click through to check out all of our gift choices for the hardcore capitalist in your life.
- Greenwich Bank Robber May Or May Not Have Had The Audacity To Return To The Scene Of The Crime September 6, 2013
- Credit Suisse Employee Moonlights As Breakdancing National Champion December 6, 2013
- Using Yiddish Word For Screwing Only One Of The Many Colorful Ways That Bernie Madoff Made Clear He Was Up To No Good December 6, 2013
- Don't Want To Get On Compliance's Watch List? Consider Not Going On Endlessly About How Ravenous You Are Or How They're Expecting You At Chipotle; One "God Damn It I'm Starving" Or "Need Burrito In Mouth, Stat" Should Suffice December 6, 2013
- Charlie Gasparino's Gut Tells Him Trouble Is Brewing At Goldman Sachs, Though In Fairness That Could Just Be Last Night's Chinese December 6, 2013
- Who Among Us Wouldn't Listen To A Guy Pitch An Investment Involving "Pay-Per-View Programming Starring Carmen Electra" And Proceed To Wire Him $195,000? December 5, 2013
- 'Harassment On The Trading Floor' Movie Begs For Resolution March 15, 2011
- Things I Did Not Know About The CFA Exam November 28, 2011
- Applicant Formerly Interested In Wells Fargo Securities Analyst Program Has Epiphany November 25, 2013
- Marissa Mayer Is An Enigma, Wrapped In A Michael Kors Dress, Posing Upside Down On A Chaise Lounge December 5, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com