The proposed order was drafted by Herbalife and Dana Bostick, the former California distributor who is suing the company under the state’s “chain letter,” or pyramid scheme, law. It’s common for parties to come up with protective orders that forbids sharing of confidential information obtained during discovery — but the judge balked when Herbalife went a step further and suggested a “highly confidential, lawyers’ eyes only” category for “high-risk” experts that have had anything to do with Pershing Square since 2010 or might in the next three years. It defined a “Pershing Square person” as “any present or former directors, officers, executives, partners, principals, trustees, employees, agents, attorneys, accountants, advisors and representatives, or any other person(s) known, believed or suspected to be acting or purporting to act on its behalf, now or at any previous time since January 1, 2010, including but not limited to William Ackman and Sullivan & Cromwell LLP.” [NYP]
- 12 Feb 2014 at 4:03 PM
Herbalife Unsuccessful In Attempt To Include Anyone Who’s Ever Come Within 10 Blocks Of Pershing Square’s Office In Protective OrderBy Bess Levin
- 28 Aug 2014 at 8:00 AM
Football is back, and 1-week fantasy juggernaut DraftKings.com is offering a guaranteed $5,000,000 in prizes.
DraftKings has a special offer for Dealbreaker readers—make a first time deposit and get free entry into a $100,000 contest.
Or if you’re a high roller, you can pay $200 to compete for $1,000,000 in prizes in the NFL Sunday Million contest.
So what is 1-week fantasy? On DraftKings, it’s simple. You draft a new team every time you want to play. Choosing from the list of available players, you pick the best possible team under DraftKings’ allotted salary cap. Payouts are instant and completely secure, and DraftKings is 100% legal.
Click on any of the links in this article to claim your free entry into the DraftKings $100,000 Week 1 contest.
- Herbalife Unsuccessful In Attempt To Include Anyone Who's Ever Come Within 10 Blocks Of Pershing Square's Office In Protective Order February 12, 2014
- Boone Pickens Basically A Porn Star: 5th Wife September 2, 2014
- Opening Bell: 09.02.2014 September 2, 2014
- Swiss Bankers Suddenly Bashful About Listing "Sparkling Water," "Hooker For Client" On Expense Reports August 29, 2014
- Credit Suisse Investigation Into Husband/Wife Leak Raises More Questions Than It Answers September 2, 2014
- Angelo Mozilo Has No Idea Why People Still Want To Talk About Countrywide, He's Yet To Be Inducted Into The CEO Hall Of Fame September 2, 2014
- Allowance Watch '14: Citigroup September 2, 2014
- Every Second Of Jefferies CEO's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Better Than The Last August 27, 2014
- Get Ready To Hear "I'll Have My Assistant Make A Reservation At Denny's" A Lot More Often August 29, 2014
- Carl Icahn Really Knows How To Make A 2.2% Return Shine September 2, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com